An outside chance at Lone star park

srini

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Its one of the greatest moments in life watching racehourses coming down the race track, I never bet on the horses, absolutely no clue at betting but it's so much fun and exhilarating shooting at the track... 1$ admission to boot...
Let me know what you think about this shot, shot with a 20D and 100-400L
The sun surely helped to get some detail on the horses.
The rest of the pictures from the trip can be found here: http://www.pbase.com/rrs/lsp_06_2005

44913404.jpg

I think it is a wonderful photo! Great, dynamic and amazing picture :) The ground that "flies" all around, and the running horses, and the guys on them look neat! Good job! btw. do you have more like this? If so I'd like to see them in the gallery :D

This is a fantastic shot. It must have been tough to shoot. The only thing (and it happens to be something very small) that bothers me is on the right of the picture, there's a little... something... I don't even know what it is - like a small rectangle of colour (the inside post maybe?) that I found a bit distracting. It would only take a very minor crop to get rid of it. That really is all I can see wrong with this shot, excellent work!

Wickedly good shot Srini. I wish I could have gone with you!

Malteaser, I didn't even see that until you pointed it out. Now it's bugging me too.:lmao:

Yes, really great shot srini. Captures the power and movement and energy as they come off the final bend brillliantly. I actually think a little more of the the inside rail that's showing would have helped. Don''t agree about cropping it out, as it's presence is putting the horses' positions in context.

Thank you for the comments, its is the inside rail that seems to bother some of you, maybe I should have include more of it.
Cindy, we surely should do the Lonestar park sometime, it is a great place to shoot, let me know when you can make it and I will be there, maybe learn some PJ from you.
Some more of the pics are here http://www.pbase.com/rrs/lsp_06_2005, let me know what you think of them..

I don't know what I could possibly teach you Srini. You seem to be doing great as it is. But I still would love to go shoot the races with you sometime.

I haven't noticed this small thing on the right before :p

I think it is a really neat shot , good composition and colour, but i think that just a bit of cloning would easily remove that minor distraction, even so, good work!

Really nice shot, OH MY THE DETAIL! When I talk about detail, this is the kind of shot I am refering to. My only suggestion is crop the right a bit, maybe all the way in to the far right horse. It might give it a little more ballance, try it out and see if you like it. After all, the shot should capture what YOU intended, if it includes the rail, keep it in. Nice work.

Most reactions

Back