An outside chance at Lone star park

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by srini, Jun 17, 2005.

1. srini

srini TPF Noob!

Its one of the greatest moments in life watching racehourses coming down the race track, I never bet on the horses, absolutely no clue at betting but it's so much fun and exhilarating shooting at the track... 1$ admission to boot...
    Let me know what you think about this shot, shot with a 20D and 100-400L
    The sun surely helped to get some detail on the horses.
    The rest of the pictures from the trip can be found here: http://www.pbase.com/rrs/lsp_06_2005

[​IMG]

2. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I think it is a wonderful photo! Great, dynamic and amazing picture :) The ground that "flies" all around, and the running horses, and the guys on them look neat! Good job! btw. do you have more like this? If so I'd like to see them in the gallery :D

3. mad_malteaser

mad_malteaser TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is a fantastic shot. It must have been tough to shoot. The only thing (and it happens to be something very small) that bothers me is on the right of the picture, there's a little... something... I don't even know what it is - like a small rectangle of colour (the inside post maybe?) that I found a bit distracting. It would only take a very minor crop to get rid of it. That really is all I can see wrong with this shot, excellent work!

4. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wickedly good shot Srini. I wish I could have gone with you!

Malteaser, I didn't even see that until you pointed it out. Now it's bugging me too.:lmao:

5. OBrien

OBrien TPF Noob!

Yes, really great shot srini. Captures the power and movement and energy as they come off the final bend brillliantly. I actually think a little more of the the inside rail that's showing would have helped. Don''t agree about cropping it out, as it's presence is putting the horses' positions in context.

6. srini

srini TPF Noob!

Thank you for the comments, its is the inside rail that seems to bother some of you, maybe I should have include more of it.
    Cindy, we surely should do the Lonestar park sometime, it is a great place to shoot, let me know when you can make it and I will be there, maybe learn some PJ from you.
    Some more of the pics are here http://www.pbase.com/rrs/lsp_06_2005, let me know what you think of them..

7. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I don't know what I could possibly teach you Srini. You seem to be doing great as it is. But I still would love to go shoot the races with you sometime.

8. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    I haven't noticed this small thing on the right before :p

9. dalebe

dalebe TPF Noob!

I think it is a really neat shot , good composition and colour, but i think that just a bit of cloning would easily remove that minor distraction, even so, good work!

10. photo gal

photo gal TPF Noob!

Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
    Love the way the dirt is flying through the air!!! You can feel the strength of the horses. I used to bet on horses for a living so this was like a trip down memory lane for me!! Thanks!!! : )

11. kilifila66

kilifila66 TPF Noob!

Really nice shot, OH MY THE DETAIL! When I talk about detail, this is the kind of shot I am refering to. My only suggestion is crop the right a bit, maybe all the way in to the far right horse. It might give it a little more ballance, try it out and see if you like it. After all, the shot should capture what YOU intended, if it includes the rail, keep it in. Nice work.