An overcast day at the local bike park...

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot an event at the local bike park this afternoon. The event was a lot of fun, but the conditions were friggin' awful. Bright overcast, horrible backgrounds and people everywhere I didn't want them. I was hoping hoping for more older riders, but the majority were in the 10 and under category. All in all, just another day at the office. I did get a few that I'm not completely dis-satisfied with. As always, thoughts, comments and critique greatly appreciated.

SBC%20(1).JPG

SBC%20(3).JPG

SBC%20(4).JPG

SBC%20(5).JPG

SBC%20(7).JPG

SBC%20(8).JPG

SBC%20(9).JPG

SBC%20(10).JPG

At least none of them threw coffee on you.

Loving #3! I really like the air-time on #4 & #5.

I like 3 it reminds me of pictures of myself when I was small

Not to bad. The lighting looks like it helped keeping the shadows off the kids faces

#3 of course. You caught some great action and facial expressions.

At least none of them threw coffee on you.

Loving #3! I really like the air-time on #4 & #5.
Ouch! :lol: Yeah... although there was a close call with the ketchup at the hot dog cart!
What about poor #7, he's got at least a 1/2" of air...

Thanks! :)

I like 3 it reminds me of pictures of myself when I was small
Cool!

Not to bad. The lighting looks like it helped keeping the shadows off the kids faces
Actually that was mostly Lightroom!

#3 of course. You caught some great action and facial expressions.
Thanks Brian! #3 is my favorite as well.

I love anything involving riding a bike, so these are great to me! :1219:
You should go to your local BMX track ( www.victoriabmx.com ) you will get some great shots on a race day. If you talk with the people in charge, they will most likely let you shoot from between lanes. :)

I'm partial to the second one - got to love a cute kid who takes his safety gear seriously!

Nice set John, I think #2&3 are my favorites. Looks like it was a fun day out.
Thanks Ron, yeah, it was, other than the sucky light.
I love anything involving riding a bike, so these are great to me! :1219:
You should go to your local BMX track ( www.victoriabmx.com ) you will get some great shots on a race day. If you talk with the people in charge, they will most likely let you shoot from between lanes. :)
Thanks. Have to have a look... I didn't even know that track was there!
I'm partial to the second one - got to love a cute kid who takes his safety gear seriously!
For sure!

I have been riding freestyle BMX most of my life. I was the only kid at the skatepark that wore pads, and I still do, even though I am now 28. I have had a LOT of injuries, the worst being shattering three teeth and knocking myself out cold.:lol: But I haven't been to the hospital yet, and that is do to always wearing pads and a helmet! :)

Most reactions

Back