And just a couple more (Leica)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Actually, these are the first of the second roll of film I took. The day was sunny and I felt like it might be a good day for rangefinder b+w photography ;)

Film2_01_Wchterbaumreihe.jpg

Someone might even recognise this row of trees?
If not, just ask me, I might give you a whole series of photos (studies on these trees ;)) by now - I go to this place over and again to take their photos!

Film2_02_Bume.jpg

Winter trees look good in black and white, I think...

Film2_03_BaumWieseScheuneSchatten.jpg

With this one I am unsure about composition. Does the (actually light blue) sky give too much of a dead space? I liked the leading lines of the shadows on the meadow... :scratch:

Film2_04_Pferdestall.jpg

A horse shed. Horsey had gone inside, though (I have a couple of colour pics of Horsey though, but others show much better horse pics, so I thought I would not need to ..........................)

THANK YOU, Photobucket, for making the last one so small :grumpy:
I left these all untouched to give you "the real" impression - only tweaked the curves here and there when the scan differed too much from the print - and all the prints are A LOT sharper than any of these scans, by the way.

And could these also be overlooked, maybe?
Or you might think they are cr** because they are so soft?
The prints are NOT.
Actually, this time around I am quite, quite happy with the prints. They show so very much every little detail. Scanning and jpg-ing and downsizing does not do these any justice at all, I'm afraid :(....

LaFoto, These are good. Some ideas for you however when using B&W film.

1.)Always use a color filter of some kind. For general shooting I always use a yellow one, for bright suny skies and nature type shots like these I always use a orange one or for big puffy clouds I switch to Orange/Red and then for really dramatic shots pure red.

2.)Develop your own film. B&W film is very easy to develop with minimal expense for equipment, while B&W darkroom work for prints is an artform in itself, today just scan the negs, then tweak in Photoshop. After 20 years or working in a "real" darkroom. I find I have more control and less work/mess using Photoshop

3.)Use Diafine (if you can get it over in Germany) very easy developer for your film with little regard for time and temp. IMHO Ilford's FP4, HP5, and PAN films are great with Diafine.

Thank you so much for your hints. Meanwhile so many here are saying that developing ones own b+w negatives at home is easy ... whoa! I have a faint memory of my dad turning the container over with the stop watch running ... and I know he ruined the inside of our bath tub with the chemicals, it was all coarse, no longer smooth (;)), but that is about what I know about developing one's own b+w film... And my silly scanner does not understand when b+w is b+w and scanned negs come out all orange :roll: :irked: ... I have tried to do that before, you know.

And as to filters: well, my sister and I undug this Leica from deep down inside her warderobe somewhere last October, and it is our dad's, and I may have it for the time being, but I don't know if there are any filters to this lens at all!?!?! I don't know if my dad ever used any...??? :scratch:

Hmph.... something more to think over --- I wake up at 4:40 a.m. and start thinking about this Leica, about darkroom work and whatnot! I am "possessed"... :shock: :roll: ;)

Most reactions

Back