...And Now For Something Completely Different...(C&C)

Wonderful textures, colors and shading! All are very good but #3 is my favorite in the series. A large format print would sit proudly on my wall.

I love them. All three.

1) Strong, contrasting colors, clean detail, excellent composition. Lack of a clearly-defined “subject” makes us work at constructing a story. Your title suggests one, but one can come up with others. I like the way the red horizontal streaks in the blue section mirror the red in the upper section. Excellent light, hints at a curvature.

2) Bluish-green water on the right contrasts very well with the red stain and the green weeds. Positioning of the corrugated border at the 2/3 line, and making sure the line is perfectly vertical, really makes for a strong composition. The debris in the water doesn’t bother me at all – in fact it somewhat echoes the debris on the land. The way you’ve got the stain at an angle, positioned at the lower left and running to the center of the photograph, where it is abruptly terminated by another triangular shape is arresting.

3) Very impressive triptych. The way you’ve arranged the various diagonals horizontal/vertical lines is just gorgeous. Love the color contrasts. Technically one of the things that really works for me is how carefully you’ve arranged the lines so that they are perfectly horizontal (or vertical as the case may be). You’ve got several repeating elements going from panel to panel. The shadows give the edges a very 3D feeling (Lower left of left panel, shadow under the rib in the middle, and shadow making the triangle in the right panel). While all three component images are very good, it is their arrangement into THAT triptych that vaults them into the “art” category.

If you’re as good with your baubles, then “bitterness: must be deeply ironic.

Thanks guys/girls.

pgriz...bitterness can be a driving force. :sexywink:

i love the concept. i may try this sometime.

These all suck........:lmao:

I like them all, especially three. I like it because it makes me want to put my finger on the screen and push the pic on the right down a bit so that the triangle is the in roughly the opposite place as the pic on the left. I'm certain it wouldn't make for a better image though as I think the off balance is where the charm comes from. It's as if it bugs me in a way I enjoy. I sound like I'm stoned. I'm not.

These all suck........:lmao:
Ok....seriously.
#3 is my fav!!! I love how you separated the photos. The color along w/ all bolts just make it perfect to me. Have you printed and blown this up?!!:thumbup::thumbup:
It needs to be on a wall somewhere!

No need to be sorry Ron.
I am not surprised either.
We shoot different worlds. :sexywink:

Mishele, my belle, I have a small version up in my shop.
I keep forgetting to pull that one up and get it printed larger.
It remains on my all time favorites list.

No need to be sorry Ron.
I am not surprised either.
We shoot different worlds. :sexywink:

Mishele, my belle, I have a small version up in my shop.
I keep forgetting to pull that one up and get it printed larger.
It remains on my all time favorites list.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: You should show it off, it's an awesome shot!! Go get it blown up tomorrow!!
You'll have the Jewelry/Photography shop soon!!

I think they are awesome BJ!!!! I love them!!!

I missed the thread until now.
In general I like abstract, so I'm biased in favor of these pictures. It is something I'm aiming to, not yet with success (including attention for otherwise lost details).
Among them, I like in particular #1 for two specific reasons: I spent at least one minute or so to understand what did you photograph. Initially I supposed a joke, with you shooting paints in a museum and asking for C&C.. :) . But no, "just" ordinary urban decay at the microscope.
In addition, I recently read a couple of books, starting from Roland Barthes "Light room". In these pictures, in particular the first one, his position on photographs as "something that has been" is someway lost: the first one is not a proof of a sunset on Lake Erie. It is something more towards Magritte, a different kind of photography (however I still have to enter into these topics, just reading here and there). Anyway, good food for thought, thanks :) .

Most reactions

Back