And so my infrared obsession begins...

very cool. i was not even aware this was available!

i just bought one :mrgreen:

Man I wish it would stop snowing and these clouds would go away so I can play with my filter. Oh well time will tell.

I actually got out today and got some shots with mine but they are all just red, not different colors like yours. What did you do different? I was a f4.8 with shutter of 1/10

Yea I just noticed that... it likes to blow out in the cyan colors... is there anyway you know of to not cause this to happen?

In this case its just a few hot spots due to slight over exposure, this can happen if there is too much range in the shot, like if the sun is reflecting off something but your also trying to expose darker areas too. So sometimes it cant be helped..... but I would also keep your iso down.

can I try custom parameters on the camera and turn the saturation down?

Its best really to just get your image and then sort it out in post processing... its common to have the cyan cast so dont worry too much about trying to stop it in cam. ;)

I actually got out today and got some shots with mine but they are all just red, not different colors like yours. What did you do different? I was a f4.8 with shutter of 1/10

you need to set the white balance in your cam to custom... then take a reading from a well lit area of grass. Once your cam excepts it as a wb. just use it whenever you do IR photog.

I just tried that and it is still just red. Oh well I will keep trying. I love how yours turned out all different colors. Did you do any f-stop adjustments? I had mine set at +5.

I just tried that and it is still just red. Oh well I will keep trying. I love how yours turned out all different colors. Did you do any f-stop adjustments? I had mine set at +5.

its all white balance... i did a custom white balance off the snow for my pictures... i shot with f8 aperature for sharpness

Most reactions

Back