And this is why I dont shoot sports

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so today my local horse track does a snow cross thing where they cover the track in snow and race snowmobiles. I couldn't get there until dark and only have a d40 with kit lens. I ended up only being able to use iso 1600 to get anything decent. and all i can say is holy noise batman. I guess the pictures are decent snapshots for memory but nothing to be proud of.

sy88yt.jpg

2hxvksp.jpg

2evbwj7.jpg

2d10bpy.jpg

spytyv.jpg

thanks. idk if u can tell, but it is verrry noisy lol. i feel like im already outgrowing my camera. i think if i had a longer, faster lens i would have done better.

Faster lens is key, upgrade lenses before you worry about a new body. I also like #1 quite a bit.

Ya fast glass and at least a d5000 for the ISO abilities. But I mean if you don't plan on night sport/action stuff the D40 is still a very capable camera. GL and I like 1.
TJ

thanks. idk if u can tell, but it is verrry noisy lol. i feel like im already outgrowing my camera. i think if i had a longer, faster lens i would have done better.

I can tell yeah but I still like the shot.

I am going to go for a faster lens then upgrade my body to a D90 or D5000 eventually.

I disagree with the thread title, this is why you should shoot sports. I'm impressed you could do this with the kit lens.

lol thank you. i usually shoot live bands and i can use my sb600 so the d40 is very capable. i just got a job at best buy so hopefully i can use my discount to get glass and save for a body in the future

i think it's funny how much a crop can change a picture. the first one, he isn't that far off the ground lol but i cropped the snow out and it looks like he's above me

i think it's funny how much a crop can change a picture. the first one, he isn't that far off the ground lol but i cropped the snow out and it looks like he's above me

Indeed! Nice first shot :thumbup:

thank you! i was so jealous of the "legit" photographer there haha. he didn't have to sta behind a fence. almost got taken out once

The first shot you could have lowered your ISO to 800 and lowered your shutter speed with better panning

i tried a lot of different settings but they werent looking right. at least not on the lcd. oh well, i was getting upset with the outcome then told myself "you're not a motorsports photographer, don't worry about it." haha

TylerF said:
i tried a lot of different settings but they werent looking right. at least not on the lcd. oh well, i was getting upset with the outcome then told myself "you're not a motorsports photographer, don't worry about it." haha

:lol::thumbup: Way to not take it so serious. And I do agree...even with the noise, #1 is decent.

Noise doesn't look that bad at all, the D40 actually has pretty low amounts of noise due to it being only 6MP (less MP = less noise). But faster glass does help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back