And thus, the infestation begins!

Having come through vinyl and tube hi-fi and succesfully rehabilitated I am so glad the film bug has not yet bit me.
It is in our best interest to keep trying to get people to shoot film. The more people shooting it, the more popular it is. The more chance they will keep making it.
so take a step back in time and go buy a film camera. :biglaugh:
Don't worry it is very popular in the UK and Europe, Foma have just brought out a new film , Ferrania will be up and running soon

Having come through vinyl and tube hi-fi and succesfully rehabilitated I am so glad the film bug has not yet bit me.
You don't know what you are missing it is much more rewarding, I shot some digital at the weekend and I can't be bothered to load it onto my computer

just guess.
It all works out in the end.

Guessing won't work. The speeds are all off by as much as 2 full stops.

In either direction. No rhyme or reason to them. 1/125 is 1/30 for one shot, 1/250 the next, 1/60, then 1/500, 1/60, 1/30, 1/125........
Sounds like the shutter mechanism could do with a good clean... Not worth getting it done but you could try yourself with nothing lost when it doesn't work.
Hows the lens? If I didn't already have a host of 50mm primes I'd have be able to find a use for it (Even in FD mount).

just guess.
It all works out in the end.

Guessing won't work. The speeds are all off by as much as 2 full stops.

In either direction. No rhyme or reason to them. 1/125 is 1/30 for one shot, 1/250 the next, 1/60, then 1/500, 1/60, 1/30, 1/125........
Sounds like the shutter mechanism could do with a good clean... Not worth getting it done but you could try yourself with nothing lost when it doesn't work.
Hows the lens? If I didn't already have a host of 50mm primes I'd have be able to find a use for it (Even in FD mount).

The lens looks clean. But no way to really test it.

Reverse it in front of one of your standard lenses & shoot macro with the combination. Several of my 50's get used more reversed than the right way round.

Meh. I already have plenty of Nikkor primes I can do that with. And I don't need to fiddle around with Canon's archaic aperture mechanism.

It is in our best interest to keep trying to get people to shoot film. The more people shooting it, the more popular it is. The more chance they will keep making it.
so take a step back in time and go buy a film camera. :biglaugh:
Don't worry it is very popular in the UK and Europe, Foma have just brought out a new film , Ferrania will be up and running soon
Film will die in the next 20 - 25 years. Together with our generation. Impatient pace of life of today's teenagers and attrition of any film equipment is assuring it. Film lives on now thanks only to our romantism. I like film also, that this is one of few activities left, where I have to rely only on my own thinking, without the handicap of computer. But "EASY" is the name of today's game, ant this will prevail, as most regular consumers is mentally lazy and interested only in easy dopamine. That's the bases of American economy since twenties: self indulgence. Film photography is troublesome by today standards, it has to die. In England to.:1219:

Commercially-available film will die in the next 20 - 25 years.........

FIFY.
Never said "commercially". How did you get this in quote ?
Now I need to know what FIFY means. Please...

When you quote a message, it just shows with the html tags ( [QUOTE ] and [/QUOTE ] and you can edit the text inside those tags to modify what shows up as a quote.

FIFY means "Fixed it for you"

FIFY.

When you quote a message, it just shows with the html tags ( [QUOTE ] and [/QUOTE ] and you can edit the text inside those tags to modify what shows up as a quote.

Tks Leonora.
Now it brings question: is there any non commercially available photographic film ?

Tks Leonora.
Now it brings question: is there any non commercially available photographic film ?

Good question. I suppose that could mean private sales of expired film? I can stock up on film now while it's still available and then when the companies go out of business, I can start selling my stock.

Except I'll have used it up long before I could sell any of it ;)

about to go out this weekend to the local shop and drop some precious greenbacks for an impossibly clean Nikon F3.

FIFY.

Tks Leonora.
Fujifilm Velvia 50.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back