Andrea - Newborn Shadow Effect

Katz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my first post but I was hoping I could get some opinions on this picture. It is one of many from a photo shoot I did with my grand niece, Andrea. She is just over 2 weeks in here. What do you think??

BlackBGBabyinHandBW.jpg

This is THE classic pose that I like to see so much in photos ... only nitpick is the nappies (diapers) on her ... it would have been nicer to have her without ANY clothes in the pic ... and I am not sure I am happy with JUST the hand to be seen and the sleeve black as the background. It looks a bit Addams-family to me ... eerie ... and eerie plus a baby portrait? I don't know.

But very very VERY nice first post, and feel very welcome to ThePhotoForum! Andrea is such a pretty newborn.

How old is she now?

What a precious little princess! I too love that cradled-baby pose but tend to agree with Corinna in that ...It looks a bit Addams-family to me ... eerie ... and eerie plus a baby portrait?.....
i think it would look better with more of the 'holder' visible... maybe not entirely, but just so the background is not SO black?? xx nice work though, welcome

i have to agree with the above comments. the baby is so adorable though!!

I was thinking more magic trick than Addams family, but yeah, I'd prefer to see the rest of the arm and no black cutoff on the left. No diapers would be a plus too. I don't mean to nitpick, as I think this is a good attempt, but the light is a little harsh for me also. It looks like a desk lamp right above her back.

Welcome to the board!

Thank You for all the comments! The light is natural from a window. The diaper was requested to stay on(I would have preffered it off too) And the arm was covered due to some marks that she did not want shown. I appreciate everyones comments. I think I am definitely going to like this forum!

Oh, and she turned 2 weeks on Monday. These were just taken on Saturday. (I was wrong on her age in the first post)

Welcome to the forum... what if the person put on a light colored shirt so at least something showed up. Only the hand really is disturbing. Other than that I think its a very well done shot. I sure hope to see more from you soon!

That is a good idea, I will see if we can do a reshoot before she heads home.

Great shot! I like the light and the expresion, but I'm going to have to agree with te previous comments. I don't mind the diaper much, but the floating hand looks weird.

If you reshoot, I'm sure you'll get an awesome pic. Do it quick, they grow up sooo fast!

Most reactions

Back