Angel

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
Not to sure how this will go down but here goes.
I will explain why I did the processing after hearing your thoughts.

face-3-new.jpg

C&C Welcome.
TFL.
Ken.

I rather like this one. I like the idea of filling the entire frame with her face. It's nice and sharp. Her right iris looks a little funny on my screen. It looks like the bottom half of the iris is 'shifted' a hair if that makes sense. I'm not particularly fond of the crop at the bottom though. I probably would've included the rest of her chin, as it looks like it is resting on the border.

Very nice shot, I like it alot. I 100% agree that the rest of her chin should be included. If you cropped this, then I'd suggest a re-cropping to include this and if it was shot this way then it's still a nice photo. I'm not sure what you mean about the processing though. This photo doesn't look over processed or anything, and it would be hard to see what was done without seeing the original before processing. Either way, you did a fine job.

- Jason

did you photoshop in highlights in the iris and the catchlights or is that from the original picture?

Thanks very much for the feedback everyone.
Work like this will get you noticed.
Biggest compliment anyone has ever given me...Thanks.
Her right iris looks a little funny on my screen. It looks like the bottom half of the iris is 'shifted' a hair if that makes sense.
Probably more sense than you may think....although it beats me as to why only the lower half.
There's a little story behind this and the processing. I was asked to do some portraits of 4 children (cousins) for there great grandmas birthday. The day before the girl in the pic fell and scraped the side of her face.....The shots still had to go ahead, as it was already a bit of a rush job. The little girl wasn't too relaxed and sat with her hand over her face most of the time, thinking her injury would spoil the photo's for grandma. Anyway I got the group shots out the way, had a coffee and the girl came back in from outside after playing with her cousins.....so I thought i'd get a close up of just her face and process to show that she need not of been so worried.
However after playing outside, her hair was all over, with many strands covering her eyes......so I started cloning these out on the right (as you look) but started getting a bit sick, so coppied and paste the right eye over the left (hence the mirror catchlights). I also removed the mark on her cheek and lightened the redness using the clone tool, removed some pimples under her mouth and the stray strands from her face.
Here is the original straight from raw.

face-from-raw.jpg

My intention was to get a real closup of the face but when I got home to process I was dissapointed with myself for not getting a shot with her chin in frame.....although at the time I knew I wasn't including the chin, I just think it needs it.
Thanks again for the comments/feedback.
Ken.

Good edit :thumbsup:

/\
You can say that again!
You did an awesome job of getting all the hairs out of her eyes and face!
And a great job covering up her little mishap on her cheek.
She's absolutley adorable and IMO her missing chin is minor. The fact that her eyes stand out so much makes her chin irrelevant.

Great job! Great job!

Nice job on the PP. I'd give her only one catch light per eye ... the chin is a bit awkward ... I think maybe a tighter crop top and bottom would say "Hey, I like it this way." as opposed to now where one wonders if it is intentional or just bad framing.

Most reactions

Back