Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_8743.jpg

IMG_8781.jpg

IMG_4460.jpg

I'm lovin the first one, but why are her shoes off?

Not fair. She's too pretty. With a subject that pretty how can you go wrong. LOL just kidding. These are beautiful and I know she loves the crap out of them!

#1 is my favorite, 2 is a bit too edited for me (or seems that way).

but why are her shoes off? ... so she doesnt fall in i guess?!! x

Beautiful rich tones in #1. I agree with the edit in #2 - she looks a bit TOO perfect x and Im not sure about the hair over the top too? x
#3 is cute too. x

but why are her shoes off? ... so she doesnt fall in i guess?!! x

I agree with the edit in #2 - she looks a bit TOO perfect x and Im not sure about the hair over the top too? x
. x

This can be a slippery slope. Here in Texas a lot of brides are stuck on Bridal Magazine ads, and they want to be perfect. Just like the ads they see in the mags. If you can do this, they will pay you well.

On the off side, here is a true story. I had a very big lady as a bride. Not fat, but just large, tall, big shouldered, a big boned lady. No problem there, but the photos she kept saying she wanted to look like were these tiny waisted girls.

Thus my "Extreme Retouching" was born.
She had a wide but pretty face, with extreme acne, and flat hair. I fixed the skin, and made the hair full.
I took about 40 lbs off of her as well. I was hoping I hadn't offended her by going to far.
I get this call: "Oh my God, no one has ever taken pictures as good as this of me", and proceeded to order every photo in a variety of sizes.
Needless to say, these photos looked nothing like her anymore, but most women has a "hopeful" visual of themselves.
How many ladies here has seen a photo of themselves and said, "Dang, I didn't know that my hair/stomach/butt/whatever looks like that!!!!!!"

So here is the kinda sad part. While the reception was going on, I walked outside to get some air, and found these barbie girls totally ripping on the bride. "Damn this photo is beautiful but it looks nothing like HER!" I wanted to slap them. If only for the fact that the beautiful bride had spent her hard earned money as a physician to invite these two faced biaches.
But yeah, it didn't look like her. But it DID look like how she pictured herself on her wedding day...........her most radiant and beautiful ever.
And that is the point. I do what my client wants. In response, they send me everyone they know.
Hugs,
Cindy

well, I don't blame you for listening to your clients, but man, women like that really need a reality check if a photog takes 40 lbs of and they think it's still them!
It's like giving me a full head of hair..:lol:

but these pics look very pretty. I like #1 and the bare feet are a playfull touch! :thumbup: The only nitpick: the ground in #3 is really black.

pascal

Hey, want to do some seniors up in Canada? ;)

Your work is stunning - especially the first. One could see that splashed up as an ad in some major city's centre. Thank you for sharing - looking forward to seeing more!

Super work. I like them all.

Good stuff, I like them.

Cindy,
Thank you for explaining why your post processing seems like a lot sometimes. Makes a lot of sense now:)
Also, I don't think it's fair to say that these women aren't facing reality. Most women KNOW what they look like and if they want to look their very best on their wedding day (even with a ton of PS) there's nothing wrong with that. I thought it was common knowledge that even the most gorgeous models have a TON of photoshop work done to all of their magazine covers and photoshoots and whatnot. In this day and age when image is so important, I can see why some brides want this sort of work done, even if it can look unnatural.

Hi April,
I don't think they aren't facing reality at all. I just think that a lot of ladies, me included (and guys for that matter) see themselves only from the front or partial side. They usually really have no idea what they look like from the back, or in good lighting with an awesome lens that picks up every pore, People also generally don't realize when they lower their head, skinny or not, they are going to have a double chin. They are used to looking at themselves in a mirror, and adjusting thier face until they like it.
Anyhoo, all I know is that when I went to a GTG a few years ago and saw my butt.......it was HUGE! I had NO idea! LOL

yeah she's drop dead and I like all of them but she's one in a million nowadays, I reckon most women have those fairground mirrors in their bedrooms, even the fattest ******** think they're beauties. H

Most reactions

Back