Anglers' boats

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I stopped for a coffee during a beautiful day of cycling near and round Rutland Water, and found these anglers' boats for hire moored near my table outside the cafe!

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/06/access-and-freedom.html

Rutland-Water-6.jpg

Nice shot. the fading contrails add pointers to the middle of the shot. or maybe i imagined that. eitherway, good work :thumbup:

nice shot as always man, beautiful colors. do you do a lot of post-processing on your photos?

Thanks Dophineh & Ernie. You're right about the fading contrails. However, it's as much the wide angle lens (22mm at 35mm equivalence) I used that leads to the converging effect.

do you do a lot of post-processing on your photos?

What's a lot Ernie? I usually do some PP. Occasionally I do a lot! I rarely do none. Often it's work on the sky, tonal contrast or simply multiple small adjustments to make it more like my eye and brain saw it rather than how the camera saw it :).

Regards, Tony

Good shot. The ducks add some interest to the right side of the shot, too - and the greens look really good. This is where i like to see a photograph.....it's almost vivid enough to look like HDR without the extreme cartoon effect. :)

thats a great photo

That is a really awesome shot! being nitpicky I wish there was a little more room on the left side of the frame. but this is truly a wonderful capture

I like to see how apparently great attention was given to the fact that the tip of the nearest boat did not get cut off in any way.

Since you told us about the pp you do to your photos (sounds like about the amount I give to mine, too), I wonder whether this particular photo was composed exactly like this in camera, or whether you did some additional cropping to it later? With you I would think you really compose this well in camera! :D

Thanks for the comments everyone. This is the full frame Corinna. Coldow91, I'd have liked a little more space to the left of the leftmost boat, but there was a big, colourful, disorganised pile of workmen's "crud" immediately out of shot on the jetty! On the other hand, if I'd gone further left the ducks would have been further right and they were contributing to that empty area of water so nicely...:). I always think that sometimes photography is like politics - it's "the art of the possible".

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

New Topics

Back