Angles and Shadows

Stamp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm trying to decide which of these two I like better... I'm interested to get some of your feedback on them as well. These were taken at Indianapolis airport while waiting for a flight. I like the first one due to the stronger shadow lines, and I like the second one for the warmth the setting sun adds. The 3rd one is just a bonus I'd like feedback on.

DSC03246.JPG

DSC03250.JPG

DSC03272.JPG

I read what you were trying to acomplish but to me they were too busy. My eyes didn't know where to go.

That being said out of those two, I chose the second one.

I read what you were trying to acomplish but to me they were too busy. My eyes didn't know where to go.

That being said out of those two, I chose the second one.

Thanks for the feedback, Snap... that's what I was looking for... sort of a planned busyness with symmetrical lines and angles (except for the 3rd shot).

I like the composition of the second one a little better, but I really prefer the color of the first. Both are nice but if I had to pick one I'd say the first. I like the shadows like you pointed out and for some reason I don't think the reflections are as distracting in that one as opposed to the second.

The third I'm not too crazy about. I think the bright colors are too overwhelming for the background and the tree is not really distracting but just doesn't fit the feel of it. If the tree were gone and the sky and clouds more brilliant I think I'd like it much more. I don't think desaturating the colors in front would help it much if that's what you're thinking. I think the texture difference between them and the tree is what's bothering me.

I like the composition of the second one a little better, but I really prefer the color of the first. Both are nice but if I had to pick one I'd say the first. I like the shadows like you pointed out and for some reason I don't think the reflections are as distracting in that one as opposed to the second.

The third I'm not too crazy about. I think the bright colors are too overwhelming for the background and the tree is not really distracting but just doesn't fit the feel of it. If the tree were gone and the sky and clouds more brilliant I think I'd like it much more. I don't think desaturating the colors in front would help it much if that's what you're thinking. I think the texture difference between them and the tree is what's bothering me.

Thanks for the thoughts, Bent. I like the whiteness of the first one, but the warmth of the second one, but totally agree with you. I'm leaning more toward the first as well.

If you were to crop out the white stacked items in photo #1, I would like the lines in that one a lot, and the muted color works very well.

I like the second shot, and I agree the glare/reflection of the light does not distract me from the shot, I think it enhances it.

If you were to crop out the white stacked items in photo #1, I would like the lines in that one a lot, and the muted color works very well.

PB, I thought about that while I was developing the shot, but thought that if I cropped it out, it wouldn't look like much but a couple windows. At least it has lines that are parallel to each other. :confused:

Thanks for the input. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back