Animal pics

7378jessica

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm new here and just recently discovered photography. I received a canon rebel xti for christmas and have aquired the canon 75-300mm, canon 100mm macro, and the 18-55mm kit lense along the way. Here are a few pics I took and I'm looking for a little CC.

sedona155.jpg

75-300mm

104.jpg

100mm (this was taken through cage bars)

137.jpg

100mm

142.jpg

100mm

168.jpg

100mm

008-3.jpg

100mm

You have an African Grey? Sweet we do too, they're really smart.

Cool shots.

You have an African Grey? Sweet we do too, they're really smart.

Cool shots.

Yeah african greys are great companions, I just love mine.

Thanks!

Come on guys, I would like some feedback :)

You have some good ideas, but your composition and focusing needs some work. I'm assuming you're using the manual focus...

First two are out of focus. For the first one, the angle is confusing, and color seems a little washed out.

I would like to see your work with the other lenses!

i think on the last image with the cat you should have moved back a little it just looks to close and maybe just slightly too dark

Nice birds,

Love the African grey shot best.

Your goffin & quaker parrot are also adorable.

I'd suggest taking photos of your birds on plain backgrounds so theres not so much discration.

You can use a white or black bed sheet to place your birds on then snap away.

Try playing around with Macro, black & white ect...

Good for a first timer.

The cactus photo has too narrow a DOF (depth of field) and a kind of "blah" composition, it also shows traces of camera shake, as if you photographed at a lower shutter speed than your lens was set. Like if you go for the full 300mm, your shutter speed should at best not be any slower than 1/400 sec.

The bar of the cage ruins Photo 2 since it runs right across the birds eye. I seem to be detecting shake in that one, too.

The next three are nice.

The cat photo is severely underexposed, it is not only "just a little dark". And I feel you cropped that one too tightly.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I am really new to all this, and your feedback really helps. I have a bad problem with camera shake so I purchased a IS lens the other day. I haven't had time to mess with it too much yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

The african grey is a congo :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back