Animals - 8 for C&C please!!

If you want a little helping hand, this book is a GREAT book to begin with :)

Amazon.com: Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera (Updated Edition)…

I have only been shooting for a few months myself, but this book helped A LOT!! I am actually still practicing with it here and there... And I also start my Associate's Degree in Photography this summer (But I am also majoring in social work. I don't suggest majoring in photography alone in our current economical situation) :)

That's all from me for now :) Hope this was helpful to you :)

thanks to this post I just spent another 20 bucks on Amazon this week ;)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I am confused about what "Portrait Mode" you are talking about if you are using a DSLR :/

Were you shooting in Auto, and you went somewhere in the menu or something to select portrait?

I've never used any of that on my DSLR... I use manual most of the time...

mode.jpg

oh hah... i have never even looked at those settings... guess thats why i had no idea what he was talking about lol...

:facepalm:

I am confused about what "Portrait Mode" you are talking about if you are using a DSLR :/

Were you shooting in Auto, and you went somewhere in the menu or something to select portrait?

I've never used any of that on my DSLR... I use manual most of the time...

There is a women head shown on the mode dial. The camera menu called it 'Portrait Mode'. Basically it's another Auto mode that gives shallow DOF for portrait photo taking

There is a women head shown on the mode dial. The camera menu called it 'Portrait Mode'. Basically it's another Auto mode that gives shallow DOF for portrait photo taking

Really? lol see two posts up!

Really? lol see two posts up!

Different pic is used on different camera manufacturer. My canon shown just a women head, basically there are just the same, 'Portrait Mode' it is.

Yeah I know I shoot Canon as well, but the Op shoots with a Nikon D40, and the Canon one is so similar that if you know one brand, and can't figure out the other you should shoot with a polaroid! The only difference is the woman on Nikon has a hat, and canon just the womans head. They are even in the same order.

my canon xs has portrait mode right on the dial. Its an auto choice. also landscape, night portrait, sports ect.... like a P&S. The dog is pretty good but I think it would be a little better if you got just a little lower. around eye lvl.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back