animals

I find it hard to believe this is your first time. #2 especially, but they are all incredible. National Geographic quality, or something.

Awesome! I ordered a 70-300 I am waiting to get so I hope to be able to accomplish something half way as good as this!
They would probably turn out better with that lens. ;)
I find it hard to believe this is your first time. #2 especially, but they are all incredible. National Geographic quality, or something.

Haha, thanks. Yeah it was my first time taking pics of animals, Im looking into buying a little better telephoto lens and I'll go try it again. ;)

Haha, thanks.

One thing I wasnt too sure about was that you cant see the legs in the first pic, what do you think?

I'm sorry to be the party pooper here, but I have one small critique. Some of them look a tad bit over-sharpened to me. Did you sharpen in pp? Other than that, they are very nice. I love the vibrant color of the last one, but #7 is my favorite overall.

No its fine, I like getting criticism, shows me what I need to improve. :)

Some of them needed to be sharpened, I cant remember which ones I sharpened. When I look at these it looks like 6 and 8 might have too much. You think it would be better to have them slightly softer?

Great shots! :D:thumbup:

How far away from the animals were you when taking these photos?

How did you get that 'all black' background? Photoshop?

All of them were pretty close to me actually, besides the first one of the lions, they were kind of further away.

Not sure how to say exactly how I got the black background since Im still kind of a noob. :lol:
But I guess it would be a combination of low depth of field, and an already dark background. And of course I messed with the levels a little bit in photoshop which darkened it even more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back