annie and queen elizibeth don't get along!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by newrmdmike, Jul 11, 2007.

1. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
  2. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    "We are not amused". [​IMG]

3. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, I can sort of understand the Queen.

If it was a ceremonial robe, it is supposed to go with the crown. Like when someone wears an official uniform, you would not simply remove one part of it, because then it simply makes no sense anymore.

So either Annie was totally unaware of this, or she simply did not care. I guess it was the former.

4. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i think its pretty crappy of the queen . . . everyone whos in uniform is out of it at some point. it doesn't change who they are. its just a crown, and could the queen have been more mad that annie dare suggest she change how she dressed for HER portaits?

if so . . . its annies job, and maybe elizibeth wasn't prepared to listen to someone.

who knows, annie could have been a real smart ace, we weren't there. . . but boy do i wish i had been!

5. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hm, famous photographers tend to push people around to get the shot they want ;) They sometimes forget that people are not still lifes which can be arranged every way you want them to be ;)

but as you said, we were not there!

Anyway, Queen is never off uniform, she lives her job 24/7 for many decades now.

6. clarinetJWD

clarinetJWD The Naked Spammer Staff Member

very nice anti :p

Wonder what she'd do at a David LaCahpelle shoot!

7. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

Royalty will not be told what to do by a commoner!!!

My Grandad was Head Footman at Blenheim Palace in his youth and served most all of the royal family at some point (he also became friends with Winston Churchill during his time there! they corresponded and exchanged gifts for many years).

He noted the Queen Mother as the most unpleasent and nasty person he had ever met, who treated "normal" people and staff like dirt, far from the Nations Favourite Grandma she was meant to be seen as.

so maybe it runs in the family! :p

8. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

For normal people this is true. But the Queen is in no way a normal person in the usual sense. She is The Queen at all times, in every situation, whatever she is wearing. She personifies the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. And is also the head of the Church of England. And the crown is the symbol of this.
    Being our monarch is hereditary (and the linneage can be traced back almost unbroken for over 1,000 years) and she is born to it. Her life is not her own, and Liz takes her duties and obligations very seriously. She has to. We expect it of her.
    Besides, she did not have to pose for AL - she was doing her a great honour and a favour. AL seemed to forget this - and certainly did not appreciate just what she had in front of the lens. Not just a person but the embodiment of a Nation, it's History and, if you like, it's soul.
    Americans might appreciate more the gravity of what Leibovitz did by thinking how they would feel if she had been photographing the President and asked him to pose sitting on the toilet.

Besides, the Queen doesn't really need any more portraits of herself - whoever the artist is. She is on every one of our banknotes and coins and postage stamps! ;)

9. Puscas

Puscas TPF Noob!

10. Chas

Chas TPF Noob!

True. I mean one isn't supposed to be able to imagine an ununiformed state, in the royal case.

BTW, are you really from the west country?
    *Leans over a bit*
    Aarrrrh, now wha' exactly does the word "scrumpy" mean to you?- and how would you pronounce it then, answer me tha'?..!
    ;)

HvR: trying to explain the full meaning of Royalty to a yank (which I am one, technically, and so can use the term ...) is like trying to describe strategy in a five-day test match. It just isn't going to work - but it's fun to try sometimes .... :wink:

11. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

I know. But I thought it worth a shot. You should always do your best to help the slower students :lmao:

12. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    people are people . . . i know people who have been around royalty, and stayed at palaces, i'm in thailand now and royalty while uniformed and powerful seeming still has no problem being caught out of uniform. the queen of uganda is quite approachable, while the king is not (for women at least).

you can call it royalty, and so on . . . and it changes my impression after reading it was mis-edited . . . but had it stood as it did originally i would taken her for a total queen B. . . but she can do that right? shes the queen. :)