Annie + Bridge

maxbennett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I appologize for posting in the critique section twice in a row, but I really wanted people to critique this photo:

Annie-bridge.jpg

File Type: Compressed RAW
Lens: 18-70mm F/3.5-4.5 G
Focal Length: 18mm
1/200 sec - F/11
Sensitivity: ISO 200

Love the composition, and the shot in general; but it looks a little over-satured and the levels seem to be exaggerated a little much... ie. lacking midtones, IMO.

On the other hand, that depends upon the context of this picture. This level of adjustment would probably suit a commercial intent... but as far as a 'photo' goes, I would turn it down a bit.

I'd crop it just above a bridge. I don't like the sun up there while I think that the levels on the dog are great.

lol... really shows how much of this is personal taste; I love the blown out sun! To me, it shows the source of the 'beam' of light illuminated a column of leaves before hitting the dog.

i dont think the sun adds much to the illumination of the dog except for the ridge line of his spine. the dog appears to have been exposed with fill flash. i agree the sun needs to go as well as a lot of the sky, it looks unreal; which is typical when you bump saturation levels and the like. the composition and exposure of the dog work for me....not too keen on this rest.

If you're really set on keepin the sky then I would try adding a fill layer, probably using blue and try different blending modes until it looks more real. The purple in the upper part really throws it off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back