Annie Leibovitz at Work

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by craig, Dec 2, 2008.

1. craig

craig TPF Noob!

2. JerryPH

JerryPH No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Was an interesting interview. :)

It makes the person behind the camera a little more real. I see a good photographer who is very cautious in public, sincere, respectful, a little unsure at times (she "uhm"ed a lot as she thought out her answer before speaking), and really really down to earth (she did not know how to take a pic with an iPhone, admitted this and struggled to take her blurred pic, that part was cute... lol).

I agree with you that [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0375505105/sr=8-1/qid=1228211641/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1228211641&sr=8-1&seller="]her book[/ame] (available for under $25 on Amazon), which was hinted that it seems to be something that could be a very interesting read. It is not a "how-to" book, it does show a shot and discusses equipment and setup, but it seem to be more of a book that talks about her progression as a photographer.

I may add it to my library after the holidays, or someone just may get it for me. :)

3. Alleh Lindquist

Alleh Lindquist TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Annie Leibovits is amazing. I actually was lucky enough to work for a photographer from NY a couple weeks back who assisted her for 3 years and I got to ask questions about her work.

4. craig

craig TPF Noob!

It is clear that she has been in the business for 40 years. Seemed like she was uncomfortable during parts of the interview.

Personally I felt that Joe and the gang asked some pretty obvious questions. Clearly they are not in the Arts. Strangely the interview brought me back to the years I spent in NYC.

Love & Bass