Anniversary shoot

guitarmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some shots from last week, of a couple friends' of mine anniversary. Please critique as this was my first go-round at this style of photography.

771988970_1eb53eb671.jpg

771988982_158c4fcde2.jpg

771988900_8560dad730.jpg

771988962_4c75456d39.jpg

771975238_14cb5fae1b.jpg

Thanks!

Great work.

#1 is my favorite...what was your lighting set up for this one?
#2 is a cool idea and it looks good but it feels like it's missing something.
I'm not a fan of #3.
#4 & #5 are both very good, I like them.

yep... #1 rules... Love the lighting dude!

i agree.... #1 is stunning! great work - like mike, i would love to know what the lighting setup was.
In #3 with them looking away from eachother kind of makes them look 'distant' or 'disconnected' to me, maybe if they were facing inward it would be better??? just my opinion though!
great work x

have you tried number 1 in b&w??
Im just gunna try it now for ya and see what it looks like, Think it might look quite good.... ang on a sec

nice series, IMO #4 should be cropped more to a 4x5 or Sq format, and with #5 I would try cloning the stool out, or get a few stools of diffrent colors

I liek 3 and 5... nice job!

All of them are excellent in terms of composition, focus, detail, color, and lighting! Except I have to admit #3 is a little odd. It sort of looks like they are in a washing machine. #1 is my favorite, a true inspiration.

Overall, great job.

NJ

I like them all but I love the glowing light on #1. I know your friends will be happy with these!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input, guys and gals.

Agreed the 'yellow washing machine' one doesn't look too couply... I just dug the look of it as a photograph, notsomuch as an 'in love' shot. We tried them looking at one another and it just looked weird (odd expressions, main lights hitting the back of their heads and not their faces, etc).

Oh yeah, lighting for shot #1 was a flash behind subject left and a flash behind subject right, cross lighting each face. The one hitting the guy was feathered so as not to hit him dead-on.

Most reactions

Back