Announcement pic. C&C PLEASE!

MrsB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, my fiance and I are huge nature lovers, we thought this could be a somehow good pic (or idea) for our wedding announcement. I set up it all, my sister pushed the cam button ;)
I do know the cam bag on his back is distracting a bit, oh well, we were on vaca :p
Please, give me all the input you can :)

TIA

utf-8BY2FzY2F0YS5qcGc.jpg

my only critique is that it appears slightly out of focus.
at first i thought that it would be great to crop you and your fiance higher in the frame, but that would take away from the waterfall...so I think it's framed well for what it is - but if you could sharpen it - that might make it look a little better, but i think its fine.

Thank you!
Yes, we wanted to get the waterfall in the pic, but I realize we are standing way to the side.

As far as to sharpen, I do believe I did already, but only using picasa I think, I'm very new to gimp and don't have photoshop.

I would think that with an announcement...you would want a photo that showed your faces.

I'd darken it a touch (well maybe more than that), and re-crop it. My eyes are drawn more to the waterfall than you and your fiance who are supposed to be the main subject.

Ok, tks. Anything else besides position on pic and focus?!
Tks :)

Well it looks pretty overexposed. The whites look clipped on your shirt and the water. And the harsh midday sunlight make for a flat, contrasty picture. Also, I agree with mike. I would think your faces should be showing.

Ok, thanks for the tips!

As far as showing the faces, we might...but that isn't really a rquirement ;)
Since everyone does that way, we though we'd like something unique.

And the very shor writing might be over the waterfall!?! Not taking a loooot of room, of course!

How about b&w or sepia? Opinions.....

Tks a lot again.

IMO you should darken it and crop out the railing at the bottom and maybe crop out some of the tree on the right side of the pic. it also might be nice (to kind of put the focus back on you) if you blurred the rest of the pic a tad and leave both of you in focus.

or make everything blk & white except y'all :)

I think if you try to put text on that, it will get totally lost. Even on the water area it would be really hard to read, would totally take away from the waterfall, and would draw even more attention away from you two being the subject.

I'd think about a longer shutter to make the waterfall "flow" a bit? Nothing crazy like some of the pictures where you're right up close with a waterfall and it is the main subject, but ~1/60 - 1/30 to get it looking smooth?

Thanks guys.

You're right about writing on it would be a mess :p

When I get home I'll try working in it a bit, or if anyone feel like doing so, please, feel free :)

As far as re-taking the pic: not possible as I'm in Chicago and that waterfall is in Brasil ;)

But I sincerely appreciate all the suggestions!!!

What's the purpose for the photo in the sense of the announcement?

Is this a photo to go into the newspaper? Is this going to be the invitation that is sent to guests & family? Or is this just a photo that will accompany other material like the invitation?

For my wedding, I used a photo of mine (leaves in the fall) as the background for the invitation and put all the text over it.

No, not 'invitation'!

Its the wedding 'announcement' that would be sent to family and close friends "after" we get married, since we are getting married at a very private cerimony and are not having a reception!

Most reactions

Back