Another attempt at a self portrait

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by omeletteman, Mar 4, 2006.

1. omeletteman

omeletteman TPF Noob!

I don't take many photos of myself or anyone else, but I decided to try my hand at it again yesterday. It's weird cause I almost think it doesnt look like me in some ways, but that doesnt make any sense, cause it is.

[​IMG]

Thanks for lookin'

2. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Did you hold the camera close using a wide angle? That will distort facial features, so I could see how you would think it was a little weird.

3. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I think this is a really cool picture. You have very interesting facial features. I always think I look kind of weird in my pictures too!

4. Alexandra

Alexandra TPF Noob!

I just think this pic has a lot of character!
    actually i also find i never quite look like myself on pictures... then i start wodering if i really see myself the right way :confused:
    cool shot anyway!

5. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

People never think they look like themselves in photographs because we are so used to seeing are reflect flipped around the opposite way in mirrors.

Me, for example... I am sure i'm better looking in real life, than i am on photos! It's obviously the cameras fault. It must be broke! :confused: :greenpbl: :greenpbl:

6. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Excellent! The shot seems intriguing and mischevioius. Personally self portraits are important. If I am comfortable in front of the camera then I can relate that to the subject when I am behind the camera.

7. omeletteman

omeletteman TPF Noob!

Thanks everyone for the comments! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks they look weird in photos :)
    Mark, thanks for the point about the wide angle, I was using the kit lens on a Rebel XT, next time I'll be sure to use the maximum focal length.