Another Cambodia

badazzpanda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Not sure if I've already shown this...

But here is another Cambodia pic, but of skulls at the killing fields...

Whilst the picture itself is unedited, I added a brownish tint...

Please comment.

KILLINGFIELDSCHENGEKSKULLS.jpg

Badazzpanda, interesting pic. I have been to the killing fields myself, pretty creepy place. The front skull looks like it may be a bit out of focus to me, but I think the composisition is pretty good. It's kind of hard to take pics there b/c of the way the glass is...

woohoo that is a great picture... but it would be nicer if the first big skull was taken in focus.

now that's a pretty grim picture... but i like it! but like the other 2 have said, it would have been nicer with the front skull in focus.

I've never seen this pic...BApanda!!! That's soooo great!! I think it's completely balanced and an amazing comp. If you have more please post them....Man i want that on a t-shirt so bad!!! :D

Congrat! I saw your pic on thephotoforum.com homepage. This one is even more amazing.

I cannot come up with a critique. just want to say it's an admirable work!

DocFrankenstein said:
What are the killing fields?

Please educate me. :S

The killing fiels where the result of a bloody rebelion in cambodia around 25 / 30 years ago.

The Khmer Ruge as they where called, led by a Pol Pott, put the entire country to work in rice paddys and the like, forcing death and starvation on hundreds of thousands of people.

But, if you where unlucky enougth to be or know or talk to anyone remotley educated or powerful, or just unlucky, you would be taken to a prison called S21 (see another of my posts). This prison, once a school, whan used to detain and torture people just for the crack. Like the Natzis the Ruge kept meticulous records, including photos of children, which are now displayed in their thousands at the site.

After torture, the people where trucked in groups to a field 15miles away and exicuted. But the Ruge valued bullets more than the people so most where beaten to death on their knees with picks and the like,

...small children and infants had their heads beaten off a tree until dead...

The bodys where then buried in mass graves, noe known as Cheng Ek - Killing fields.

About 40% of the graves have been exhumed and the reminents placed in a glass monument, where the picture was taken...

The whole experience is smothering, one should see this and learn from it.

If anyone wishes I can post more images from the place, Aint got many though, diddnt really feel like taking photos...

The skull in the front really made me think of a Cypress Hill-album, but I'm not sure which one. Hm.

on the front skull you can see 2 places where it was obviously hit with something.

On the top... "cheap flights to cambodia"

Is this a coincidence?

Most reactions

Back