Another Canadian Noob

SpdDmn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, my name's Rachel! Stumbled across this forum via Google and immediately liked the non-critical atmosphere-- perfect for a complete photography newbie.

I picked up my very own XSi (my first dSLR!) just recently over Christmas, but have been reading up on the "nuts & bolts" of aperture, shutter, exposure, focus, etc, for a few months since borrowing a friend's older Olympus. Finally feeling like I'm getting a grasp on how things interact, and now I'm itching to put it all into practice! Too bad it's the middle of winter, and daylight only happens while I'm cooped up in my office-- not to mention it's freezing outside!

I'm also big into cars & motorbikes, so I imagine I'll be shooting a fair bit of those. I own a Subaru WRX and a Ninja 250-- the Subie is my modified daily driver, and I just started riding the 250 last season. Hoping to get out and shoot lots of track days, auto cross events and maybe even some rally stages this summer. Otherwise, I love landscape photography, macro, abandoned buildings, and you'll probably see quite a few of my Australian Shepherd once I master focusing at fast shutter speeds.

My biggest downfall so far is camera shake in low light, so my first purchase will be a tripod! Followed by a macro lens-- the 50mm 1.8 or 1.4 seems to be popular.

That's me in a nutshell! Looking forward to getting to know you folks!

Hi there Rachel, and welcome! That's a nice camera you have. The weekend is coming, so I hope you have a chance to get out and try it out. Enjoy

Hi & Welcome :)

Welcome Rachel. Don't worry about taking pics the car shows in TO start soon, there is a boat a bike show this month.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back