Another D700 thread

OK, I have both the 700 and 7000, both very different. My goto is my 700. Love that thing. Yes it's old, yea it's yesterday technology, yada yada man, it's the person behind the camera, thier skill and imagination that will make an image an image and not a mere snapshot.

Will newer technology make your life easier? Possibly, but I definitely won't make you take better images, that's up to you.

Rant over. BTW 500 bucks I'd take it and run . It's the lenses anyway in the long run. Lol

So, we're basically talking about a formerly $2,699 full-frame camera that's old enough to have dropped to a below-market price of $500 ($899 is more like current MV in my area), versus a D600 that was formerly basically a $1700 camera that dropped to $1599, then was fire-saled with a FREE lens included at $1599 for a couple of months once the oil flinging issue hit, and which is now priced on the used market at $1000 or so, versus a third option, the D7000 which is available for like $899 brand new, down from $1199 when it was current...and then there's the D7100 for a fourth option...

Or am I confused? I looked up the DxO mark Scores on the D7100 and the D700...the D7100 is better in color depth/richness, a little better in High ISO stats, and about 2.2 EV wider in Dynamic Range. But for the price, the D700 at 500???

I totally see the allure of a D700 at 5 bills, even with 80,000 clicks on it, I totally get that.

well, i'm mainly looking fro image quality in low lighting. am i being dumb and should just keep my d7k. is a 1 stop difference going to make a difference?
If you want a full stop then you will need the D610, from the DXO mark numbers it looks more like 1/2 a stop.

Low light performance between the D7000 and D610 ?
Well I can tell you the performance between the D7100 and D750 is very noticeable, in my eyes well worth the investment!

BTW . I'm getting the 810 soon , so this is moot point !! HAHAHA !LOLOL.:bouncingsmileys:

But I will keep my D700 !

BTW . I'm getting the 810 soon , so this is moot point !! HAHAHA !LOLOL.:bouncingsmileys:

Good for you. The 810 doesn't meet my needs. The 5 God is unacceptable for all of the sports shooting that I won't be doing.

Good for you. The 810 doesn't meet my needs. The 5 God is unacceptable for all of the sports shooting that I won't be doing.
5 God ?
typo .. 5 fps

That was one of the items pulling me to the d700. I do alot of kids sports and the FPS of the d700 was eye catching. BUT, the d600 isn't bad either, not too much slower at all than the d7000 dx, and cropping the photos I think provided better photos than the d7000 (albeit I also grew technically too in shooting and post processing).

I've also learned to time my shots alot better. I would like to get the d750 just for that.

Matter of Fact Goodguy has approved sending me his d750 to test this season in the request that he hasn't seen yet that I'm optimistic that he will approve :)

5 God ?
typo .. 5 fps

That was one of the items pulling me to the d700. I do alot of kids sports and the FPS of the d700 was eye catching. BUT, the d600 isn't bad either, not too much slower at all than the d7000 dx, and cropping the photos I think provided better photos than the d7000 (albeit I also grew technically too in shooting and post processing).

I've also learned to time my shots alot better. I would like to get the d750 just for that.

Matter of Fact Goodguy has approved sending me his d750 to test this season in the request that he hasn't seen yet that I'm optimistic that he will approve :)

Hey, that's great! Because he's sending it to me afterwards.

5 God ?
typo .. 5 fps

Hey, that's great! Because he's sending it to me afterwards.
Hahaha on the way buddy. Lol. [emoji3]

The only reason I'm going there (810), I'm starting to shoot more and more models down here (Miami) and getting paid. Also doing family portraits from time to time do 810 works.

For the rare sport thing I'll keep the gripped 700.

Op: u will see a lot of difference between the d7000 vs d700 in all the parts. I have used the D7000 for about 2 weeks. Mostly family pics, low light and day to day usage. Coming from D600, of course there is a lot of difference. When I came back to uk, I got the D700 and although I don't have the same lightening of the same scenes, but while shooting at 6400 ISO, I can clearly see D700 is much superior. I have a few pics taken from D7000 at low ISO and then I also have a few pics taken from D700, if you want I can post to make things easier for you.

5 God ?
typo .. 5 fps

:) its already on its way to you :1219:

I'm an old fart and thus my opinion does not weigh much with you younger folks but a D700 in good condition for $500 (can you negotiate a lower price) is a fair deal and would I want a second dSLR I'd consider it.

I've had a D700 since early 2009 when I sold a couple of D200's to get it. I still have not seen a truly compelling reason to upgrade to one of the newer models. But that's me, you might be different.

I don't usually change something that works well for my purposes just because something newer, but essentially not game changing, comes along. That way I have more bucks for other things like lites and modifiers, photo trips and fly rods. I bought a F4s in 1988 and used it for nearly 20 years bypassing the F5 and F6. My dSLR journey has been D70 - D200 - D700.

If 5fps isn't enough, what are you shooting? Missile launches?

If 5fps isn't enough, what are you shooting? Missile launches?

Bigfoot always blur, so I need about 30 fps with a 1/100,000 shutter speed. In any event, I went and bought a d7100(again) and d610 at the same time. I passed on the d700, got rid of my d7000 and am now contemplating returning the d610 to save some dough for a d810.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back