Another dawn in the desert shot

Fox Paw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted a shot of the same place a few weeks back. I kept thinking I could do better so I went back and tried. Any criticisms, critiques, comments, recipes or jokes would be appreciated.

Sunrise3.jpg

Very pretty colors and nice silhouette. You have the link to the last one?

Thanks. This was the first one. Different lenses, different zoom.

Silhouette2.jpg

Cool. I like trying to figure out the differences. Were you standing more to the right in the first one you took?

I can't recall, abraxas. This was taken in a city park in Phoenix. The second time, a city employee came by and started chastising me for being where people weren't allowed to be, so I moved. I agree with such rules and didn't know I was breaking one. But abiding by the rules kind of cramped my leeway in taking pictues.

I can't recall, abraxas. This was taken in a city park in Phoenix. The second time, a city employee came by and started chastising me for being where people weren't allowed to be, so I moved. I agree with such rules and didn't know I was breaking one. But abiding by the rules kind of cramped my leeway in taking pictues.

I know what you mean- The grass is always greener. I do likewise. If I know about a 'rule', I go by it. A couple months ago I was shooting out at a poppy reserve. Could have gotten some really nice shots if I would've went through barbed wire the fence. Wasn't anyone there. Didn't though. I'll find something somewhere as good or better.

Both nice shots. Good layers in the silhouette. A little light on the composition maybe. The second shot you took fills up the frame a little better. If I'm working with layered ranges I try to get at least three in. Just something I like to do though.

Abraxas, good for you. The desert environment is fragile and the people who tear it up fry me.

MissMia, probably not. It's North Mountain Park. There are some very attractive places there but it's a fairly steep uphill climb to get to most of them. The restrictions on getting off the trail, there and in any part of the mountain preserve, are limiting as well. There are plenty of lovely places on public land within an hour of Phoenix that would probably be better, depending on what grabs people, of course. (I was at the Sears-Kay ruins up your way recently...good place, even though I got no worthwhile photos.)

Most reactions

Back