Another dragonfly... C&C appreciated.

NJKILLSYOU

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aside from the few specs I should have cloned out, I think this came out really well. I'd like your opinion on it.

4774569239_95d7c0d360_b.jpg

It's an unusal perspective, but I'm not sure that one really gets the most from this shot. I'm sure it would be exactly right for a biology text-book. Technically the image is fine; greater DoF would have improved it further, but with a creature like this, one really has to take what he can get.

Thanks for your feedback. Noted and appreciated.

Nice and sharp, but like other said, it'll be much nicer with a better background setting.

Here's my attempt at it.
4776042546_5025363dab_b.jpg

NJKLLSYOU,

I like the isolation in this. For me, it's interesting because it allows you to really study the detail of the dragonfly. Especially the wings.

shaunly,

I love the colors.

Here was my best attempt at capturing the elusive dragonfly...
DSC_0116.jpg

Looks like a dead bug set on glass to me. Where are the legs? See the legs in this shot.

Because it is a dead bug on glass. That's what I was going for.

Nice and sharp, but like other said, it'll be much nicer with a better background setting.

That was not what I was going for. It's been done by everyone, myself included. I was going for a different feel.

NJKLLSYOU,

I like the isolation in this. For me, it's interesting because it allows you to really study the detail of the dragonfly. Especially the wings.

Thank you.

I appreciate the comments everyone.

Your focus is too concentrated on the wings of the fly..it would have been nice if the fly was alive

I hate dead studio bug shots. I just don't see the point. Bugs in their natural surroundings gives a sense of feeling of nature. Sure a dead bug is okay...if it died of natural causes and is photographed in nature as the way it died. Go outside...find some live ones and practice on getting those shots....they will be much more appealing.

*Above is my opinion.....obviously some will like shots like above, but I find most to feel similar to me on the situation.

I see what you were trying to do, but the shallow DoF doesn't work for me. It seems as though it ends randomly. It's just there.

I could see if you'd included both sets of wings, but you've only got like half of the front set. And even that's not terribly even. If you're gonna do a set-up shot, at least give us some DoF to look at.

I don't think its too bad. Sure you can pick details apart till you die but... I think It would be nice with a little crop on the top and bottom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back