Another Dress Trashing

littlesandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sandraleephotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
She was a dance student, who, now moving into the big city to attend the same photographic studies course as me, wanted to trash her beautiful dance dress. The dress worked so well in water, if anyone is familiar with the material in dance dresses, it's just a fabulous material to trash! :) All these were shot in a public park, with only the natural lighting that surrounded us!

Proof5.jpg

2. ( I realize this is out of focus, but she loves the way it came out)
Proof4.jpg

Proof3.jpg

Proof7.jpg

and a closer version on #4
Proof10.jpg

Proof6.jpg

Proof1.jpg

Proof2.jpg

Proof11.jpg

Hello,

To be honest, I think the colours and the light are not the best...

#2 is way to dark, too grey as well.
#3, she's underexposed
#4 the colour difference between her face and her arms is quite perturbing.
#7, face is underexposed
#8, face is underexposed and not enough constrast.

See ya!

While I still don't quite understand any of this "trash the dress"-thing, I do like the very last photo here! I would have declared 5 my favourite if the focus had clearly been on her eyes. Those expressive eyes blurred just this bit sort or "ruins" the photo for me (sounds harsh, I know).

All are great shots. :) I love the one of her back looking up at the hill/sky.

Hey there. Isn't the trash the dress fun!??! I did one so far and I can't wait to do another! I must admit that these are a bit dark and honestly dark is sometimes a good thing in these types of photos but this kind of dark not so much. I think these could use some changes in editing like up the midtones, add some unsharp mask, a little constrast - pop those bright reds and pretty woods out of there! They're beautiful!
I think the composition of these is so awesome, it gives you a lot to play with and while they are beautiful some play in PS would make them that much moreso. Great job. :)

The last one is great - very joyful.

Most reactions

Back