another face from the past

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Judging from the backdrop and lighting this was most likely at one of the portrait shoots outside the studio. On some location or another. She probably could have used a little more retouching but I was lazy that day it seems. By the way I know they are location shots because they are 35mm negatives. Most all the 35s were outside the studio...

2nu0l5y.jpg

Wow looks like way back from the 80! Those were the good ole days

i'm curious about these shots . . . why are you posting them?

they are old negs you say, is their some fond memory associated with them or what?

No excuse sir.

Let me ask one thing... Probably not you, but someone made a similiar comment about another older negative I posted earlier. Is there a rule about a negative or image having to have been shot within a certain amount of time? I'm not being nasty just wonder why the age of an image is of any significance, if it is.

Actually, I like seeing these, it just goes to show how far photography has grown.

Ok, lets say that technology has grown but photography has changed over the years. LOL :)

i'm not saying don't post them, i'm just asking why your posting somthing you dug up from twenty years ago

oh, haha, not fair!

you can't pull the age card just because i said "dug up"
i dig stuff up too . . .

whats the story behind these? im curious about them

No story ... I found them amusing is all. I posted three from that time period.. one was the teenager that told a story.... one was a small girl dressed up retro which was a review of things to come that I didnt recognize at the time and this one. Just you typical assembly line shot,

The only think of value to me was this shot is about the subject no frills to being a big time artist, In other words it wasnt about me it was about the customer,

In other words it speaks for itself. Nothing special about it.

haha, they remind me alot of what could become somthing like disfarmers portraits . . . that are so blunt, but then again some people feel like portraits tell somthing more . . . but no one else knows about it unless the photog tells a story

It's my belief that a picture's shooter should give no more than the technical details of the picture. If you need to try to justify it... you can't.

I see something in most shots, if i can get past the technical elements. Most of us can't get past that on this site.

I don't think this woman, who is probably fifty or so year old now, would mind if we guess at who she is, or why she had this portrait taken. I frankly don't remember if I ever knew.

I think she probably is ...a bank teller type... divorced with couple of kids... one just hitting teenage years...new boyfriend ... shot is a Christmas present for him.

Now you guess.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back