Another Failed Attempt

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Verbal, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Verbal

Verbal $100

This is the second time I've tried to take a shot of this tree. I need to get a higher perspective so it doesn't blend into the background!

[​IMG]

2. JTHphoto

JTHphoto TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    yeah, that seems like a tough capture, but i like the way yur thinking :thumbup: i still like this photo just because of the contrast between green and dead browns of the treeline. the line is straight across... cool :thumbup:

3. John_05

John_05 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i like this shot, but i agree that a higher perspective would make it look even better. maybe if you could take something to stand on and put your camera on a tripod and then hold the tripod over your head it might help. its still a very nice pic as is though.

4. Eightball Walker

Eightball Walker TPF Noob!

Take your camera, walk up to the tree and fall down at the base and just be far enough away so that all the tree is in frame, maybe take it at a slight angle. Like a ground level shot looking up, with the ominous clouds overhead. I don't know exactly what you were goin for but thats what I would do, and is there anything else to life than people telling you what to do?

5. JonK

JonK I want MORE!!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I love the contrast and the sky and green but the tree is lost in the BG and there is actually too much FG IMO.
    I agree with 8ball...get in close and try and isolate the tree more and remove it from getting lost in the BG of brown trees...maybe silhouette against the sky.

6. Verbal

Verbal $100

The idea I was going for is one lone tree in a vast expanse of nothingness.... like it was seperated from all the other trees and got lost or something. So I like my distance, but I think I just need to get higher.

7. JonK

JonK I want MORE!!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If that's what you're going for then yeh...get higher...bring a stepladder :mrgreen: