Another first wedding

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by niccig, May 28, 2007.

1. niccig

niccig TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I shot my very first wedding on Saturday! I was assisting/2nd shooting, so there was no pressure at all (whew!), but I didn't get to do any of the formal shots. So here are a few, tell me how I did - I can take it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were definitely a LOT that were completely mis-exposed (I chalk it up to crazy backlighting fooling the meter), so I definitely need to work on that part. I'd like to learn how to use my flash (sb800) to the best effect possible - I have the diffuser dome, but I'm looking at getting a lightsphere, or maybe just making "a better bounce card." Any tips on composition, lighting, equipment (I need faster lenses!), etc are appreciated!

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Looks like you did a great job. The color & WB look pretty good.

That looks like a pretty tricky lighting situation...lots of back light. I'm not sure a bounce card or accessory will help all that much...the thing to practice is balancing flash with ambient and knowing what FEC to use and when.

3. Duchan

Duchan TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Quite good for a first, the results should inspire you to continue. Personally, I'd alter pics #2 and #8 to bw, but that's just my pref, though I think they'd look swell in bw. Definitely keep at it!
    Greetings from D.

4. niccig

niccig TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the encouragement guys! After looking through the photos a bit more I think I definitely need to work on
    a) filling the frame (for some reason this has never been an issue for me in other types of photography, but I just didn't seem to have a handle on it for the wedding)
    b) less camera tilt - I think I tried to get way too artistic, at least for a first attempt