ANOTHER flower thread - CC

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Abby Rose, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Abby Rose

Abby Rose TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Sick of flowers yet? :mrgreen: I'm actually not. These are from around my yard.

The first three - I like to take pictures of flowers under trees, for the contrast of the big, old tree and the small, short-lived flower. I've posted one here before and people seemed to approve.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And on the rest of these, I used the flash, which I NEVER use because I usually end up getting a big shadow from the lens on the bottom half of the picture. Here I could angle it though so that I didn't, mostly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These two I climbed up on the roof to take, because none of the branches were close enough to the ground. I also used the flash for these, because otherwise they were too shadowy. But now they seem awfully bright. :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you!

2. MHRISH

MHRISH TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I love the flowers on number three, but I wonder if it would look better with the tree cropped completely out. I also love the way the light shines through the flowers on the last two.

3. Ron Evers

Ron Evers Been spending a lot of time on here!

In the country just north of Toronto, Canada
    Photos OK to edit
    You got some nice shots there.

#1 would look better if it was straighten up, it is way out of plumb.

#4 the petals are badly blown out on the left.

4. Abby Rose

Abby Rose TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you!

Well, the only straight trees in #1 are the one shaped like a "V" at the far left in the background and the hemlock behind the tulip. :) The tulip, the maple, and the box elder all lean waaay to the left. I turned so that they werent so tilted, but I guess it looks a bit odd with those two "straight" trees crooked.