Another for C&C! Pianist

sxr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scottrohe.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone, this was from a session a few weeks back that I am finally getting a chance to finish up, any comments/crit much appreciated!

4525185316_20859d24c8.jpg

Bernadette Lo, Piano on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Ohh nice! I love it. Great comp and post. Nicely done.

Very nicely framed! I love how the pianist is framed by the open top. The highlight on the arm to the left is a nice touch. Well done.

I'm curious what music was being played. The facial expression is either concentrated or sleepy, and the woody and technical feel of the photograph doesn't ring any sounds to my ear.

There's not much to say, apart from it's amazing.

I think it's a great idea and a pretty great execution. The multiple frames within a frame concept really works. One thing I don't like is that I feel like the specular highlights are a little out of control. Especialy the big diagonal one in the foreground in the piano. I also think the background highlight behind her head, while nicely place, could have been a little bigger and a little less specular. I also would have liked to have her repositioned a little, because I feel like she is a little too close to the vertical mid-line. Also a bit taller would have helped, maybe sitting on a phone book. I think it would have been much more powerful to change her position/you camera angle so that you could get her fully framed withing the door behind her. I think have the door frame line crash into her shoulder like that causes some tension. And a litle more light in viewer's left background, just so it's not quite so black. All in all a really nice photo though, just lots of litle thing that I think could have made it a bit better.

beautiful! i only wish there was a little more light on the face.

Most reactions

Back