Another For CC. Green....Grass...uh huh!

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by ikidzeroi, Mar 29, 2007.

1. ikidzeroi

ikidzeroi TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Had a hard time with this one it was crazy bright out. The background didnt come out as crisp as i wanted but i still found it nice. Let me know what you guys think.

Rebel Xti
    18-55 f9 or somewhere close i believe.
    no cropping +12 on contrast.

[​IMG]

2. loves_guitar

loves_guitar TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I love the look of the grass. Kinda HDR-esque.
    Yeah, not a fan of the distant background. I wonder if you played around with the aperture to get some different results. You could maybe try blurring it more in PS.
    But the grass is great!

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh. The word "green" in the title!
    So I must come here. Can't get around looking at photos that sport the colour green, now can I? ;)

And I like what I see.
    In part.

Agreed: the bright sky was a challenge, and in one photo alone (as here), you could not get it right. Impossible to get both grass and sky right, unless you go create a HDR (at least three different exposures merged into one photo so that in the end both grass and sky will be exposed right).

But I like the focus on the grass and the grass as such - not so much the vignette, though (that is a personal thing) ... and if this were mine, I think I'd get "rid of" the blown out sky by cropping it off. OK, little parts will have to stay, for cropping into the mountains does not look too good (I did the "scroll-crop-test", heehee, works fine with vertical pics that need a top-crop ;)), but they won't be too bad ... I think.

4. ikidzeroi

ikidzeroi TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    hmmm i like the scroll crop test lol. never used it before. Without the mountains i like it a lot lol