Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This time, Velvia 100F, 50mm f/1.8 :)

We are getting married January 3rd, so this is the last shot of the engagement ring. I used a piece of foamcore coverd in foil to bounce some light back on that side, though I wish it had been a bit more. This is also a crappy scan by the lab. :(

marge_ring.jpg

Thanks for lookin :)

Man, do you EVER shoot a photo that is not beautiful !?

Like you said, she could have used a little more light on her face to the right, just enough to show that gorgeous face and ring... nonetheless it is still a wonderful, contemplative portrait.

Thanks Darin :)

Thanks Lumi, that's very sweet. I take lots of crappy pics, trust me. If I concentrate and take my time though, I usually ending getting what I want. Shooting film is an adjustment for me though, because I really know my dslr, and it's dynamic range, and I know what I can get and can't get. I'm still feeling that out with film, and trying different films.

Thanks again both of you. :)

I love it too - but then I'm a big fan of using windows like this, with either reflector or a bit of fill in flash.

Yep, this scan is not doing the photo any justice. I'm sure there is more information on the shadow side than what is showing.

Beautiful setup, regardless. I'm just so tickled TPF's own digital master has finally caught the film bug. ;) Can't wait to see more!

Oh, how nice is this one, "AnalogMatt" :)mrgreen: )!!!
Very beautiful. A bit on the dark side on my monitor but this is probably because me nice flat screen has finally said bye-bye to me... not even my husband can resurrect it this second time...

So on Jan 3rd is the big day?
Wow.
Photos! Photos! Photos! Photos! ;)

Thanks Terri :) Yes, the slide does have a lot more shadow detail, but I'm just saving them now, until I get my darkroom setup, and then I'll make my own prints from them. I've just been getting things developed and put on cd to proof. I need to get a light table and a loup and really take a look at this slide.

Thanks duncanp: )

LaFoto, this small websized version even loses shadow detail from the original scan :(

I'll be sure and post as many photos as I can. I'm just having a friend take some snaps with my Elan II and Eos 50. My 20D is in the shop :p

Beautiful shot Matt. Your soon-to-be wife is a very attractive woman - seems to be a natural in front of the camera too.
I like the compo but there is lots of room to crop some of that dark side in from the top right corner.
congrats in advance. :D

P.S. I'm curious as to her nationality/background. care to share? :)

Thanks guys :)

I agree Jon, that I could crop a little more off. Marge is party Filipino, part Spanish, and part German.

ohhh man so you are getting married ehhhh.... :) but congrats :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back