Another from the lighthouse

questor886

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was shot at a different time of day, it's still a bit blurry though. Maybe I need to change the setting on the view finder control. I have to wear glasses to read so maybe it's my eyes. I'm going back sunday so I'll try several different shots with different settings.
As always C&C is welcome.

endlessstairs2.jpg

You need to study more into DOF (Depth of Field). A few setting changes will bring more into focus, rather than having a specific focus point and the rest out of focus.

You need to study more into DOF (Depth of Field). A few setting changes will bring more into focus, rather than having a specific focus point and the rest out of focus.

That's what I'm figuring out. Thanks for the input.

You seem to have a wonderful "training object" at your hands! That staircase sure has some nice elements ... repetition, vanishing point, lines, curves ...!
Here you went for an asymmetrical approach, which makes me instantly curious to maybe see a totally symmetrical one, for a change?

*envy* ! I want a lighthouse near me to spend too many hours!

I agree with the DOF thing. Would just simply make it more interesting.
I do wonder about the colours though. It seems to hang between colour and B&W. Maybe try it with a high contract B&W filter?

And of course, a lighthouse has a gazillion angles, so lots of opportunities there. Curious to see followups! :)

I assume the light house has lights on each floor. If you are able to take a picture at the time when the lights are on. Such as later in the afternoon or at night. (only if they allow you) set the camera on a tripod and take a longer exposure and see if you can get a different result. I think it will be more interesting if we can see the repeated pattern more clearly with the light. Of course, bracket it and combine them later may also works.

And I agree with LaFato, try a symmetrical one and see.

Lots of ideas, Thanks guys. The bad thing is I only have Sunday to try and get the shot that I can see in my head. I leave Florida on the 5th to head back home to Texas. Not too may lighthouses in north central Texas.

Most reactions

Back