Another girl's face (pretty to ;))

Reaction score
Website
www.akimage.com
dominique.jpg

How will I ever get any work done, if photo after photo arrives that really invite my comments.
This one has some very interesting lighting aspects, I like this one a lot, and I like the fact that this is a profile.
It makes me wonder and imagine: what could it be like if you switched background and sweater colours? Just a thought. Could be ugly, all wrong... I'm only wondering.
You went for the high key look of this profile, didn't you?

High key, yes. Thanks for your reply laFoto. I always read your literary comments with pleasure :) Tell me, how german woman speaks/write so fluently in English? Just don't tell me "It was hard working from 20 years, boy" :( I don't have that much time ;)

I like the shot as is.. I don't think a grey background would help any but then I'm a fan of the high key pure white backgrounds, like those that bailey uses.

High key is good, but I think it's gone a little too far here, maybe just my monitor, but the check looks blown out.

Tell me, how german woman speaks/write so fluently in English? Just don't tell me "It was hard working from 20 years, boy"

....um, weeeellllll, the thing is (and sorry about that in advance): it were 20 years of hard work, more or less. I read English in uni and am a licenced translator.

But I tell you what.
The real secret is using the language, using the language and again using the language. I rarely use it speaking it though, but daily via this and another internet board that I visit. And I stopped reading books that I read for leisure in German. I only go out to get myself English books (which - I must say with some sadness - greatly affects my Spanish, which is my second foreign language, and negatively so... :(!)

This is a wonderful photograph. The dark clothing gives a bit of weight to the bottom of the frame. I agree that there's quite a bit of contrast here... much like you'd see in high fashion photography. Works for me. The tilt of the head, creating a diagonal line, really makes the composition.

I think I would have made this photo of a dark haired model in dark clothing on a dark background. I would have missed this wonderful image.

Nice work!!

-Pete

Great shot. I think that the silluete is very well defined.
Composition is nice, calm, and the lightining was perfect. Even being so bright, it lost almost no details.

i like it as is, but haven't seen it as others have suggested. regardless, :thumbup:

I really like the highlights in her hair and the mystery of not seeing her eyes. The profile really makes you yearn to see the eyes, although I don't normally like hiding eyes in shots. She's got full lips and maybe that is the intriege.

This is really good. Me likes.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back