Another Golden

SleepingWolf

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
SWP_1856.jpg

Absolutely beautiful! Its a shame about that lighting, though. Very nice shot.

Mark

lighting? this is natural light. a telephoto blurs the background..very little depth of field..this avoids distracting backgrounds..is that what you meant?

No, it looks as if the light is on the back of the head. If you had the light (sun, I know nothing you can do about it. But it sure would have been nice..) hitting the bird on the face instead of the back of the head, it would be amazing. If I am seeing this wrong, the lighting was on the face, and it just wasnt an extremely sunny day, It would have been super nice if it was. But, like I said, nothing you can do about it. Can I ask what lens you took this with? Tack sharp zoomed so far in.

Mark

Whoa! What a shot! Beautifully sharp. I am just in awe at the detail you get!!

oh my my, the sharpness, its like Razor!
Amazing colours, beautiful bird, Bokeh is beautiful

No, it looks as if the light is on the back of the head. If you had the light (sun, I know nothing you can do about it. But it sure would have been nice..) hitting the bird on the face instead of the back of the head, it would be amazing. If I am seeing this wrong, the lighting was on the face, and it just wasnt an extremely sunny day, It would have been super nice if it was. But, like I said, nothing you can do about it. Can I ask what lens you took this with? Tack sharp zoomed so far in.

Mark

I understand what you mean. The day was slightly overcast at the time, but personally I prefer subdued lighting..less harsh, less reflections.

The lens, you will be pleased to know, is the same as yours..70-300mm f/4-5.6G - which confirms you don't need to spend $10,000 to get sharp photos. I think I paid under $200 for it years ago.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back