another IF....

manda said:
haha Matt

I am Miss...I dont like Ms.
Mrs is just weird.

Funny, I have no problem being a "Mrs". I appreciate the chauvinistic-ness (is that a word? :scratch: ) of its origin, but in these more pseudo-enlightened times, it's been watered down from that. Women are no longer property, their incomes matter, their tax-paying ability matters :wink: , and we are, in fact, real live entities. Wowee zowee.

I prefer to accept the title of "Mrs" in a more romantic vein. After all, I DO belong to him. :love: I don't care if I am publicly addressed in this fashion. Cause on the flip side, neither of us wears a wedding ring. He hates jewelry of all kinds, always has - and I prefer silver stuff these days.

Marriage is a state of mind. If you toss in the insurance benefits, so much the better. :wink:

I just don't feel like I should be labeled according to my marital status. Men aren't, why should I be? Nothing against marriage itself tho.

But that's ot... so here's another if... what if you could live in any fictional time or place?

I think I would like to live in the Star Trek universe. But I may change my mind...

woo hoo! The Star Trek universe....that would be hard to beat, wouldn't it?

"Make it so." :wink:

A close second would be a highly idealized place of romanticism, like something from a Bronte novel.... :D but again, there goes the indoor plumbing. :?

It really is all about the plumbing, isn't it? Once you've had it, it's hard to imagine going back... just like a cable modem!

But if we can get past the plumbing and the non regular bathing and the fact that everyone was probably really smelly ;) then I agree about the romanticized place.time.thing, altho I thought more of Camelot. Dashing knights, fair maidens, tournies and feasts...

Yeah, it's hard to beat Star Trek with it's combination of coolness and comfort. I'm sure there are several fantasy worlds that would be really cool, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Xanth would be fun! :lol:

I would like to visit that world that Ender went to and see the little piggies.

Then I would like to see the Wall from the Seven Kingdoms in a Song of Ice and Fire, because it's really hard to visualize how big that thing is.

Then I would like to fly a speeder bike and have sex with Han Solo. ;):lol:

We live in an amazing time. Standard of living is great(at least in Canada), there are interesting changes in every walk of life everyday. Things have never been better, as long as you ignore all the sensationalistic crap the media likes to spew. Why would I want to live any other time?

Xanth would be fun!

so long as you stay away from the nickelpedes and carnivorous grass. and i don't know about you, but i sure would not want a zombie over for coffee- can you imagine the body parts that would fall into your cup?

terri said:
mmmm, I'd probably be happy slumming about with Lumi in the 60's....we'd be a force to be reckoned with, I'm thinking.

Ohhhh god yeah Terri , we'd just run AMOK :LOL: !!
Is willing to share Mr Mojo Risin' , I'm SURE he wont mind being groupie candy at ALL ;).

And Tobes , I now have a mental image of ya with an :afro: , platform shoes , and tie-dye ...yeah baybay! :eek:

But the whole 60's scene ; the music , the events etc ..... imagine being a photographer in THAT era .....!

oriecat said:
Then I would like to see the Wall from the Seven Kingdoms in a Song of Ice and Fire, because it's really hard to visualize how big that thing is.

That is a cool series. I really enjoyed the 1st 3 books.

Don't think I'd want to live there tho. It's a pretty violent place, even for innocent bystanders. :D

Put me down for Metropolis. Always wanted to hang with Superman.

Difficult question Toby. My answer would vary from one day to the next. Today I would choose the Elizabethan era for the literature, art and architecture. Plus they wore really cool clothes. ;)
Yesterday I would have chosen the early 1800's so I could go exploring with Lewis and Clark.
Tomorrow... who knows?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back