another kooky contest idea...

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think contest for photoshoppers would be cool. Have a mod present a photo, have the contestant digitally remaster the image.

Best one wins.

Here's a good start ;)

bill-gates.jpg

hehe. I think the mods might ban me from this board b4 to long!

that could get into copyright infringement :shock: *slapping hand*

Dew said:
that could get into copyright infringement :shock: *slapping hand*

Ya, as much fun as it would be to start altering that photo we might get ourselves into trouble.
You got any photos that you've taken yourself and wouldn't mind using Mark?

that could get into copyright infringement *slapping hand*

Oh well it was a good idea for the 3 minutes it was up on the board. Don't think I have the right photos for doctoring up.

(off to produce another hairbrained contest for the photoforum)

ya wanna do it, do it :lol:

i think as photographers, we would like for others to respect our copyright, but we're not willing to do the same ... in other words, i think we should "practice what we preach" ... as a photograper, i would be highly pissed, if something like that was going on without my permission .. i dont even let the hubby alter my photos in any way :roll:

i think its a bad idea ... :?

I think the idea was really based on having a donated photograph, with photographer consent, that we would then offer up for altering. Similar to what has happened a few times in the photo gallery forum where people have asked about cropping and such.

One example that comes to mind was the equestrian photo with the horse jumping. A few people took the photo and made various suggestions on cropping and modifying the color, contrast, etc. I think that was a good educational experience for everyone and I found it very interesting to see how different the image appeared based upon different interpretations.

This absolutely couldn't be done on random images that people find, but if it were a thread where people posted a photo with the undertstanding and expectation of this purpose, it could be quite a learing experience.

Well, there are my 2 cents...I'll get off my soapbox now :)

ok, so whose first? :lol:

since it was vonnagy's idea, its only right that u got first :p

I think he should post a pic of himself that we can all edit... :twisted:

:idea: :!: or was that a pic of him he posted to begin with and we just thought it was someone well known ;)

vonnagy says he doesnt have the right photos for "doctering up" *wink*wink* :LOL: .. ummmm hummmm ... volunteers?

hehehe.

i would gladly post a pic of myself if it could make me look like Brad Pitt :) but i know everyone else would have something else in mind :p I can just see certain members of the forum putting me in compromising positions with sheep :shock:

i'll see what images i have in my 'library' and post it up here. Maybe i'll find something with potential. ...

(off to dig through archives)

Just discovered this thread and I want to compliment Vonnagy on his Photoshopped version of Alfred E. Neuman.

Most reactions

Back