Another Lens Question

Dm3k1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking at getting the 50mm F/1.8 for porturature stuff but I also wanted macro (which I have only seen some really nice shots with diopters/tubes or converters). I would be willing to spend more and get a 60mm F/2.8 Macro (Micro) or another macro lens (sigma seems to have a few decent prices ones with good reviews)

My question is- at F/2.8 I shouldnt have much problem capturing motion that one might have when taking pictures (though surely not as wide as a 1.8) but can those lens do well in all around purposes or are they stricly macro, will they focus for the most part at anything not necessarily just close ups?? I have a 60mm at work I havn't really had much time to play around with.

Try the one out at work and see how you feel. I have the 60 f/2.8 Macro, and to me, the AF seems a bit slow. Especially for a USM. Still usable for portraiture, etc, just a bit long on the crop sensor for anything else. Image quality is superb. The EF 100 f/2.8 could be another option. Lot of people really like that one. It was between that and the 60 for me. Chose the 60. :)

Yeah. Well focusing speed is kind of important (not tremendously). BTW this is for the nikons.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back