Another nail in the film coffin

Who's having an argument?
I can't tell if you're serious. But in fairness, my post probably seemed sarcastic. But in fact, I did find it moderately comforting that Gary's quixotic quest for the proclamation of film superiority, and everybody's arguing with him over it is still running just as strong as ever.

I was serious.

I recognize that Gary is very enthusiastic and often aggressive in his defense of film. And I know that the film vs digital horse is being flogged as spiritedly as ever in many a forum. But this thread has nothing to do with that dead horse. The OP wasn't about film superiority. It was about the introduction of a new film.

The title, I suspect, was aimed at a few posters like cgw who frequently post articles about how film is dead, deceased, joined the choir invisible. Since it was posted in the Film Photography sub-forum, and it was to share information that we might be interested in, I figure the thread was mostly informative, not argumentative.
I'm not looking to cause trouble, it is a brand new film not rebranded

haha, I know. Again I didn't mean this as any sort of attack, just making a note of your quip and the first response and how it was a bit comforting that we still do the film v digital thing, even in threads that don't have any reason to go down that route. Anyway, don't mean to derail an otherwise informative post that I'm sure some of our film supporters are excited about.

Stephen-colbert-report-excited.gif
Relax, they are made by digital coaters, cut by digitally sharpened scissors, packed by digitally controlled packers and shipped by digitally controlled UPS. Lotsa digi here. Nikon will survive, however there will be no peace. Nikon hates things Nikon do not sell.

Nikon would still be behind if it was not for Sony
Sony, Nikon, who cares. One more tsunami like the last one and Japan won't have enough power to charge this batteries.:bull_head:

Relax, they are made by digital coaters, cut by digitally sharpened scissors, packed by digitally controlled packers and shipped by digitally controlled UPS. Lotsa digi here. Nikon will survive, however there will be no peace. Nikon hates things Nikon do not sell.

Nikon would still be behind if it was not for Sony
Sony, Nikon, who cares. One more tsunami like the last one and Japan won't have enough power to charge this batteries.:bull_head:
Another reason to have cameras without batteries

The title, I suspect, was aimed at a few posters like cgw who frequently post articles about how film is dead, deceased, joined the choir invisible. Since it was posted in the Film Photography sub-forum, and it was to share information that we might be interested in, I figure the thread was mostly informative, not argumentative.

Give it a rest. What's tiresome are giddy claims that film's poised to make a miraculous comeback, typically in the absence of any proof aside from wishful thinking about demand. It's their business if they appear barking mad or act like a member of a Polynesian cargo cult hoping for Kodak's E-6 materials and b&w paper to fall from above. I buy and shoot my share of film but have only to check receipts and print/neg envelopes from the past 5 years to see how few labs are still afloat, thanks to far fewer film shooters.

BTW, the OP's link is for 35mm.

Play nice.

Give it a rest. What's tiresome are giddy claims that film's poised to make a miraculous comeback, typically in the absence of any proof aside from wishful thinking about demand. It's their business if they appear barking mad or act like a member of a Polynesian cargo cult hoping for Kodak's E-6 materials and b&w paper to fall from above. I buy and shoot my share of film but have only to check receipts and print/neg envelopes from the past 5 years to see how few labs are still afloat, thanks to far fewer film shooters.

Play nice.

Why are you aiming that at me?

Play nice.
That was just for UK dealer it is not in 35mm or 120 straight away

Play nice.
You live in the middle of nowhere in Europe there are a lot of film shooters

Well cgw is right with this "come back", won't happen . We all can relax, there is just too many people in chairs hooked by cat5 to actually do something with their's hands and else. Eeeasy life, there is app for everything. :icon_cheers:

I'm glad to see that I was gone for like 2 years and the same people are having the same arguments.
The more things change, the more they stay the same. LOL!

Film is film and digital is digital. I shoot both. Wanna make something of it? Wanna try and get a piece o' me? Huh? Huh? I gotcha film 'n digital right here!

Film is film and digital is digital. I shoot both. Wanna make something of it? Wanna try and get a piece o' me? Huh? Huh? I gotcha film 'n digital right here!
i don't know how any one affords to shoot film. I am starting to remember why i stopped. Looked at my mpix invoices on 24 roll exposures. 19 cents per exposure developing, like eight bucks shipping. 20 bucks for just 5x7 prints, 10 bucks for a cd. And of course they ship it in two separate packages so i am paying shipping twice so like 40 bucks a freakn roll of 24. cant wait to send in the 36's. clearly, i have to cut somewhere in this. comes to about 1.88 per shot i figured earlier when i got out the calculator...

my wifes catches on to these tabs, she probably will kill me.

That is one beautiful B&W portrait, Derrel! Personally, I couldn't care less what medium you used to make it. ;) Lovely!

Most reactions

Back