Another Old Barn.

Or orange and white. :)

like the subject and the composition. But think the dynamic range is too close. expand that and it becomes a winner....in my eye, anyway.

Here's more or less what I was referring too. Some of your post i could not undo. I did manage to remove a lot of the awfful gradient in the sky that overlapped onto the barn roof. But I think the picture tells more and explains better than I can. Hope this helps. Again the subject and composition are really nice.
web-barn.jpg

To be honest i am not sure what you mean?

Dynamic range is what your histogram shows the wider it is (farther between black and white the better. If you use LR a quick way of getting it optimized is to hold your Alt(on a PC) down while you use your mouse pointer to slide first the black to the left) until just some blinkies come in, and then do the same with the white slider, moving to the right. After that you can adjust your exposure etc. Notice what is happening in the histogram as you do this

OK, technically it would be light orange and dark orange then.

I was referring to the fact that it is a black and white image that contained no black or white in it.
on the dark side 9 to 13 is the lowest red response and on the light side, 233 is the highest red response registered.

Unless you are creating a halftone for a newspaper there should be some of the deepest shadows and the brightest highlights to open up the gamut of color or in this case tones.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back