Another one of Sue...different style

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is another one of Sue, but in a different style. I used the sun as the backlight and worked on the exposure so that her face and overall skin tone was a bit warmer and more pleasing. Also, played around with a gaussian blur effect outside of the focus area. She wanted to go for a "fresh warm spring" look.

IMG_5773_3_600.jpg

Well, Im no expert but I think this is a VERY well done portrait!

I'm not a fan of the heavier blur around the edges, but that's just me. I think the flowers right next to her head is the best blur level and I'd keep that throughout the image.

Very Nice portrait shot, I don't mind the super blur on the left, I think it make it more interesting!

Using liquid or the warp brush in Photoshop or PaintShop Pro I would de-emphasize her slightly prominent chin with a little touch up.

skieur

Using liquid or the warp brush in Photoshop or PaintShop Pro I would de-emphasize her slightly prominent chin with a little touch up.

skieur

but wasn't this meant to be an image showing her?

If you change proportions, it is not her anymore.

I value your comment skieur, but I will have to agree with Alex. Maybe if she had a flabby turkey neck, I would liquify a bit, but her slightly prominent chin is one of her defining characteristics. :)

Thanks for your comments.

NJ

regarding myself I would even go a step further and classify cosmetic manipulations on an image showing myself as an insult ;) Not that I am perfect, but if someone does not consider myself worth being on a photograph the way I am, then he or she should not take the picture.

I think her chin is nice. But anyhow. I did like your old ones but this one is so nice! Very lovely. I love the blur!

I do like this one better than the other two. Good work. Maybe a bit of a vignette instead of the blur would help bring more attention to your model? Good stuff.

Not to drag the cosmetic thing on, but the way I see it, when you start manipulating bone structure in a person's face by means of PS or any other processing software, thats when the image pretty much ceases to exist as a true image of the person. That may sound sappy and all, but thats my view. Artists that do touch up and processing for cosmopolitan or glamour magazine may have a different view because they are trying to make big money by selling flawless beauty that doesnt exist in the real world. I want to make money, but not at the expense of a subject's true appearance (but only maybe if they specifically asked me to...but I wouldnt suggest it). :wink:

Okay, I'm stepping down from my soap box now. :)

NJ

Hi NJMAN,
I think this is a nice portrait and I really like the backlighting of the sun on her hair. But, I think the blur around the edge is overdone and rather distracting. Also, you said you were going for a warm spring look, but it still looks rather cold to me. I'm no expert in changing skin tones but maybe you could take down the cooler colors and up the warmer ones?
I think this one would look so much better if you got rid of the blur and added a nice vignette.
:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back