Another Portraits Session

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This couple had recently donated a bench to a local park in the name of their Grandma. they wanted to get pictures on it and around the pond. Unusually cold morning, so that presented challenges. But still made out well.

DSC_6721-Edit by The Braineack, on Flickr

DSC_6753 by The Braineack, on Flickr

DSC_6779 by The Braineack, on Flickr

DSC_6795 by The Braineack, on Flickr

DSC_6863 by The Braineack, on Flickr

DSC_6922 by The Braineack, on Flickr

DSC_6934
by The Braineack, on Flickr

DSC_6972

DSC_6999-Edit

I accidentally stepped into freezing water for this shot...at least the camera didn't go in!

DSC_7021 by The Braineack, on Flickr

DSC_7074-2

DSC_7082-Edit by The Braineack, on Flickr

DSC_7173 by The Braineack, on Flickr

Nice photos particularly of the various groupings of the adults.The one of the little girl sitting on the tree stump captured a wonderful expression but I would have had them straighten the front of the sweater, and probably the hands not being in fists would have looked better.

In #12 they look rather chopped off, her boots are barely in the frame and it looks awkward ending the picture just above the feet. In the B&W if the timing was another second or so it could have gotten her in between the women (or you taking a step or two to change the vantage point slightly).

The last one is wonderfully done! The quality of your photos overall are consistently beautifully done. I'd just try to figure out a way to get some practice with kids, and maybe look up ideas on how to keep their attention, how to direct them/show them what to do, etc.

Nice set!

This isn't necessarily a critique for your set, more or less an observation from many shoots, including one of my own family. I'm still not sure why photographers take photos of the people walking away from the camera holding the baby/toddler's hand. I don't like when I look at my own self from the backside, and I bet others feel the same way too. I think if I were to do these shots, I'd have the adults spaced further apart, and give the option of completely cropping them out, but their arms/hands.

That 2nd shot is adorable, if I were the parents I would want a really nice enlargement of that one. I also really like that you got a pic of the parents w/out the kid - kids take over everything when they're that age!

In #12 they look rather chopped off, her boots are barely in the frame and it looks awkward ending the picture just above the feet. In the B&W if the timing was another second or so it could have gotten her in between the women (or you taking a step or two to change the vantage point slightly).

I moved them between the shots because there was a spot of sunlight poking through directly on the girls face. Luckily I was able to save the shot in B&W--it looked odd in color even with Nikon levels of recovery. But when I moved her behind them, I also moved a little and didn't realize I was chopping feet :(

DSC_7074 by The Braineack, on Flickr

The last one is wonderfully done! The quality of your photos overall are consistently beautifully done. I'd just try to figure out a way to get some practice with kids, and maybe look up ideas on how to keep their attention, how to direct them/show them what to do, etc.

Thanks, still improving.

Nice set!

This isn't necessarily a critique for your set, more or less an observation from many shoots, including one of my own family. I'm still not sure why photographers take photos of the people walking away from the camera holding the baby/toddler's hand. I don't like when I look at my own self from the backside, and I bet others feel the same way too. I think if I were to do these shots, I'd have the adults spaced further apart, and give the option of completely cropping them out, but their arms/hands.

I tried, but she wasn't playing the game.

DSC_6821 by The Braineack, on Flickr

Great set
I find some of the highlight a bit agressive, also might be my computer, but some of their face seems a little bit to red for my liking.

Awesome... your a freak @Braineack
I hope that's a good thing :p

It is. You don't post many photo's but when you do, they are freaky good.... hence, your a freak...

I bet you love when I post selfies:

Rick_james-super_freak_s.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back