another print question?

Hardrock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I have a image that I printed from Zenfolio who uses Mpix. I edited the image in cs-3 and cropped image to 8/12. I ordered two images one was a 4/6 and the other was 16/20. The 16/20 came out beautiful but the 4/6 came out really dark. Is that because of the crop? Oh and both images were not color corrected.

i dont see how thats possible lol ..then again i don't know much about printing are you sure you're checking your exposure correctly and have calibrated your monitor, what you see on your monitor is completely different when it comes out on print.

It is definitely the same image I have them side by side. The 16/20 looks awesome (which is the one that matters) but the 4/6 looks like crap , its almost like you got the levels adjuster and darkened the whole image. especially around the eyes they are really dark and outlined in black. I will contact Mpix. Thanks!

Mpix only guarantee's the print if you let them do the color correction. That is stated at the time you set up the order on their web site.

If you don't have a calibrated monitor, and/or if you don't understand digital color management, have Mpix color correct all your images when you place an order.

Mpix has very strong customer service, so there is a good chance they will still fix the 4x6 issue for you.

Mpix only guarantee's the print if you let them do the color correction. That is stated at the time you set up the order on their web site.

If you don't have a calibrated monitor, and/or if you don't understand digital color management, have Mpix color correct all your images when you place an order.

Mpix has very strong customer service, so there is a good chance they will still fix the 4x6 issue for you.

I guess the main thing I dont understand is the 16/20 looks very very similar to what my monitor looks like. So I am very pleased with the 16/20. It was the only large print printed. I had about 10 4/6s printed and all came out to dark but I was only able to compare the one 16/20 to the other 4/6. So the only thing that I could come up with is the crop. Like I said Im very pleased with the 16/20 which will be framed and the 4/6s were just to put in an album. I just would like to figure out what caused the difference in the 2 pics.

Most reactions

Back