another question from teh n00b

I'm afraid that we won't be able to chose a camera for you. At least you shouldn't let us. Many of the cameras out there are good cameras. You need to find out what you want out of one, pick a few that fit your budget, and then handle them to see how they compare in your hands.

It's one of those cases where you need to learn enough so that you can ask the right kind of questions. It's a bit of a pain. Before you lay any money down, I would seriously suggest getting a book or two from the library on digital photography, spend some time reading Digital Photography Review, and then we'd be better able to help with some specific questions. "What kind of camera" is too wide open.

nitefly said:
So I wouldn't be able to change the lens on that camera which i posted the URL to?

Nope. Not that that really matters for your purposes; that camera will be fine for taking photos at football matches and pretty much anything else.

nitefly said:
You live just down the road from me. Ironic eh? :p

Only if you're Alanis Morissette. :biggrin:

I've been helped out by wikipedia! My final question, for a long time (hopefully), is:

28-300mm: Does this mean that I can change the focal length between these? So i can set it to any value i want in bettween 28mm and 300mm?

nitefly said:
Superb. Thanks everyone for the help, I now understand the basics of photography. Thanks for putting up with me :hugs:

Learnt the rule of thirds and inverse square law have we? :lmao:

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back