Another Question

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Nikon Fan, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I've been scanning the net lookin for the best price for the digital rebel and came across a review that the 10d was much much better, but on ebay they seem to be going cheaper??? Anyone know the reasoning behind this? And is the 10d extremely better than the rebel??? Really I've got no clue when it comes to digital photography, so sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to figure out what the best deal for the money is right now, and how to avoid psycho scam artists on the internet :lol:

2. aggiezach

aggiezach Yup...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well the 10D has the same sensor as the DigiRebel (if I remember corectly) but the 10D has a lot more options than the DigiReb. The 10D is definitely worth the extra money if ya can spare it! The 20D came on the market not to long ago, so my guess is that people are upgrading to the 20D's thus leaving the 10D's to be sold off! Doesn't seem right that the 10D's are going cheaper that the digireb's (did I read your post right)

Zach :D

3. aggiezach

aggiezach Yup...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Which sites are you looking at? Besides eBay? If you are going to the camera online I would definitely advise you to stick with the big name online stores, like B&H, Adorama, Henry's etc.... Its worth the extra money for the service and quality of those shops!

Zach :D

4. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

Thanks for the info Zach, yep there are some 10d's goin on ebay cheaper than the rebels, but my guess is it's b/c the rebels are coming w/kit lenses and other stuff, but the 10d is the body only. I just wasn't sure how much better the 10d was b/c I had read that it had the same sensor but wasn't sure if that was true. Being a college student most of the big name photo companies are out of my price range, so I guess I'll have to shoot for ebay. Thanks for the help "yo" :)

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I believe the 10D was discontinued when the 20D was released.

Another thing to consider is that the D Rebel is basically just a disabled 10D. Canon just turned off a bunch of features & put it in a cheaper body with a smaller buffer. There is a firmware hack floating around that allows you to 'turn on' a bunch of the hidden features on the D Rebel. I say that's a definite perk to buying the D Rebel.

6. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

Thanks for the info Big Mike!!! I read where you had posted about an upcoming convention, and that you were guessing a new camera would be released and the rebel prices would go down. Do you happen to know when that convention is??? Sounds to me like it might be a good idea to wait until after and see what happens to the prices :)

7. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
  8. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

Thanks for the link Big Mike!!! I think I will wait and see what happens with that and if the prices go down unless I just find something I can't pass up on ebay :) Thanks again everyone!!!

9. railman44

railman44 TPF Noob!

I'm a Nikon guy but I remember reading there is mounting problem with a new line of Canon lenses regarding the 10D. The 20D will accept these new lenses. I'm sure any quality camera store could give you the real poop.