Another question?!

Hay_ho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
;) I have got a cannon EOS 300x and my passion is black and white shots, but i am now looking to take it all a bit further and try to earn some money from it all, i am now looking at a cannon dslr 350d just because i dont wanna get left behind! any advice, thanks in advance :sexywink:

How much money do you have to spend? The 350D is a nice camera, but there are better options, especially for one who is looking to get more serious.

What? There are better options :hertz:
What are you saying, Matt! :shock:

;) ;) ;)

(Hay ho, I am saying this because I have a 350D, and I love it, though I must admit my photos don't come NEAR to Matt's!!! Not in any way!)

MATT!! it's not fair! 350d is a perfect option! It already has too many advanced buttons! Go for 350d !

<checks watch> This looks like the perfect time to start the 350D or Nikon D50 debate. ;)

The 30D is a few hundred more and offers more for the serious photographer. I don't mean to slight the 350D at all. It's a great camera.

Digital Matt said:
It's a great camera.

You just rescued yourself here, Matt. :greenpbl:

:biggrin:

thanks for the advice, i dont wanna be in the position where next year im looking to update again, so i dont mind spending a few more bucks the get a camera thats the gonna take me upto pro level! nice to see i started a debate!!!!!;)

thanks for yr advice, took a look at yr website - amazing shots, if i ever end up taking shots like that ill die happy! i dont have money to burn - need the whole setup - umbrellas, lighting, and enlarger for my existing camera, but am serious about making a buck so am prepared to pay for the best results, wot do u use?

I use a 20D, which is the predecessor to the 30D. My first DSLR was a 300D, which is the predecessor to the 350D, and while I enjoyed it and took many a great photo with it, I found it lacking in speed, features, and overall feel, so I upgraded.

The best thing you can do is go to a store and hold them both. You can also look at new and used 20Ds which should be coming down in price since the introduction of the 30D.

For good cheap lighting, check out Alien Bees. (www.alienbees.com)

just order a 30d should be here in the next week i had the 350d its a good camera but the 30d just wipes the floor and its not that much more and is worth evey penny just my 2 cents worth

30D is only 80 bucks more than the 20D. Save a bit longer and get the 30D. I know that it's the lens, and not the camera, but if the camera takes a minute to write a file, it's not worth it for someone trying to make money with it.
It's a lesson I learned the hard way. By the right stuff first so you don't lose a pile of money when you sell the other stuff to get the right stuff.
:)

I own a 350D, i love it , the person i work with has a 20D, i was playing with it yesterday. It is a much heavier, solid feeling camera, How ever i payed $1600AUD for the 350D with 2 lenses and the 30D is $2400AUD for the body only. I myself can't see the price difference really be worth it.
i think the only differences are it has 9 focal points and 5FPS.

BTW what is the difference between the 20D and 30D??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back