Another Rollei Test Image: Schneider Kreuznach 50/2.8

Laurence

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's another image from the new Rollei 6006 system. This time with the Schneider-Kreuznach Super-Angulon 50/2.8.

You can see another test image at my previous recent post of Trilliums, from the Zeiss Planar 80/2.8.

These are evaluative images, to see if I want to keep the system or not. So far, I am pleased.

Here is a little waterfall near my home. I wish the web compression wasn't so harsh, doing horrible artifacting to the forest in the background, because the original is very very sharp. But even at that, there is a quality of the lens's ability coming through.

It's quite a different feel to this lens compared to the Planar. The Planar is sort of "creamy-sharp", and this lens is sort of "clinical-sharp", at least on the transparency.

Rollei 6006
S-K Super Angulon 50/2.8
Fuji Provia
f: 8 and 1/15th
Falls.jpg

The compression, at least i would assume it was the compression, makes this shot look really pixlated. its really noticable in the water fall.

The compression, at least i would assume it was the compression, makes this shot look really pixlated. its really noticable in the water fall.

Unfortunately, you are correct. :confused: Now that I'm having a second look, I wish I would have deleted it, or possibly find some other way to keep it from going "south" on the web.

hmmm...the exposure looks great...I just wish I could make out the true detail, that is lost with the compression.

Is the Rollei 6006 a medium format camera?

I would go and take that again, its a beautiful shot, I think pixlation is worse than over agitation when your developing film, so annoying to realize shots are messed up when you load them on your computer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back