Another Rollei Test Image: Schneider Kreuznach 50/2.8

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Laurence, May 16, 2008.

1. Laurence

Laurence TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Here's another image from the new Rollei 6006 system. This time with the Schneider-Kreuznach Super-Angulon 50/2.8.

You can see another test image at my previous recent post of Trilliums, from the Zeiss Planar 80/2.8.

These are evaluative images, to see if I want to keep the system or not. So far, I am pleased.

Here is a little waterfall near my home. I wish the web compression wasn't so harsh, doing horrible artifacting to the forest in the background, because the original is very very sharp. But even at that, there is a quality of the lens's ability coming through.

It's quite a different feel to this lens compared to the Planar. The Planar is sort of "creamy-sharp", and this lens is sort of "clinical-sharp", at least on the transparency.

Rollei 6006
    S-K Super Angulon 50/2.8
    Fuji Provia
    f: 8 and 1/15th
    [​IMG]

2. Do'Urden's Eyes

Do'Urden's Eyes TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The compression, at least i would assume it was the compression, makes this shot look really pixlated. its really noticable in the water fall.

3. Laurence

Laurence TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Unfortunately, you are correct. :confused: Now that I'm having a second look, I wish I would have deleted it, or possibly find some other way to keep it from going "south" on the web.

4. MarcusM

MarcusM TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    hmmm...the exposure looks great...I just wish I could make out the true detail, that is lost with the compression.

Is the Rollei 6006 a medium format camera?

5. Smilemon

Smilemon TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I would go and take that again, its a beautiful shot, I think pixlation is worse than over agitation when your developing film, so annoying to realize shots are messed up when you load them on your computer.