Another Self Portrait - Harry Potter Inspired

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's another selfie.

Graves_Daryll Morgan Photography-2.jpg Graves_Daryll Morgan Photography-1.jpg

Based on this photo of Percival Graves from "Fantastic Things and Where to Find Them."

Graves-Profile.png

I've looked at these several times, and I want to like them if for nothing but the effort in staging. On my monitor they all look slightly underexposed, but I assume that was to add to the "dark and sinister look". I like the B&W but dislike the blue cast. Quick edit of your B&W which I still think represents the sinister look, but highlights all the other good things you captured especially the grain/noise. LR adjustments Temp#7, Contrast +10, Exposure +.25, Highlight +5, Shadow +52, Black +40, Clarity +33, Vibrance +26, sharpen 45, luminance 5. I forgot to do, it, but I'd suggest cropping or clone out the fingertips. Just my opinion, but I believe your color versions would benefit from an adjustment to WB also.

Graves_Daryll Morgan Photography-1-2.jpg

I've looked at these several times, and I want to like them if for nothing but the effort in staging. On my monitor they all look slightly underexposed, but I assume that was to add to the "dark and sinister look". I like the B&W but dislike the blue cast. Quick edit of your B&W which I still think represents the sinister look, but highlights all the other good things you captured especially the grain/noise. LR adjustments Temp#7, Contrast +10, Exposure +.25, Highlight +5, Shadow +52, Black +40, Clarity +33, Vibrance +26, sharpen 45, luminance 5. I forgot to do, it, but I'd suggest cropping or clone out the fingertips. Just my opinion, but I believe your color versions would benefit from an adjustment to WB also.

View attachment 137952

That's an interesting take.

I don't like the fingers either haha, but I wanted to accurately replicate the photo. Though in hindsight there are a few other things I coulda fixed, and the fingers shoulda actually been thumbs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back